Gibson Brands Forums

London Pride IS the best beer to drink while playing your Gibson Acoustic Guitar

nodehopper

From the "So Many New Names" Thread

Welcome one and all.

I like the beer threads.

As you Wish Master Albertjohn !

I defy anyone to refute the claim that London Pride is the best beer ever brewed. Here in the States it is kinda pricey @ $12.00 a six pack.....but it is worth every penny! At least the Brits got SOMETHING right. ...[biggrin]

1897279495_e77e532d63.jpg

fullers-london-pride.jpg

I don't know why anyone would buy foreign when here in the good ol' U S of A we have many exceptional beers from a myriad of small breweries. Beer is better fresh and it is always better to buy American.

I can't recall ever enjoying any of Fuller's beers, and that goes for the whole line, porter to IPA. Something about their brewery just doesn't sit right with me. But then that's all the more for you to enjoy, nodehopper.

Samuel Smiths? Now that's a different story!

For $12 I can get a 30 pack of PBR, and change.

I can drink cheap beer and play a nice guitar, or play a crummy guitar and drink fancy beer- which turns into pi$$ in the end so I'm keeping the J-185TV and the PBR.[biggrin]

From the "So Many New Names" Thread

As you Wish Master Albertjohn !

I defy anyone to refute the claim that London Pride is the best beer ever brewed. Here in the States it is kinda pricey @ $12.00 a six pack.....but it is worth every penny! At least the Brits got SOMETHING right. ...[biggrin]

1897279495_e77e532d63.jpg

fullers-london-pride.jpg

Nodehopper.

An observation of the highest quality, it has to be said. London Pride is one of the finest. I assume you get the bottles and/or cans. These too are very good for what they are but you can't beat the draft version. In fact, the best Pride around is served in The Artillery Arms in Bunhill Row, just north of the City of London. I worked just around the corner from "The Pride Shop" for 5 years and spent far too much time there than was reasonable.

But the draft does not seem to travel too well. My local serves it but it just isn't the same.

I shall ignore your feable attempt to illicit an adverse reaction. Others may not of course!

Nodehopper.

An observation of the highest quality' date=' it has to be said. London Pride is one of the finest. I assume you get the bottles and/or cans. These too are very good for what they are but you can't beat the draft version. In fact, the best Pride around is served in The Artillery Arms in Bunhill Row, just north of the City of London. I worked just around the corner from "The Pride Shop" for 5 years and spent far too much time there than was reasonable.

But the draft does not seem to travel too well. My local serves it but it just isn't the same.

I shall ignore your feable attempt to illicit an adverse reaction. Others may not of course![/quote']

I have to admit to drooling on my computer keyboard while reading your reply. I have not had the pleasure to quaff a pint straight from the Tap. [biggrin]

This is possibly a good thing or else I would then be just a few years away from my first AA meeting.

I have to admit to drooling on my computer keyboard while reading your reply. I have not had the pleasure to quaff a pint straight from the Tap. [biggrin]

This is possibly a good thing or else I would then be just a few years away from my first AA meeting.

If you find a reason to be in the London area, we shall soon fix that!

I shall think of you as I down my first on Friday night.

Coors Light all the way man !!!

Just kidding ... i live in Prague, the world capital of beers, so i might give you a different opinion.

Pilsner Urquell would be right up there for me. Like a Gibson its full bodied, with a deep personality and a great bottom end.

Right on par with Old Milwaukee [blink]

beers.jpg

Old Milky brings back way too many BAD memories! I am sympathetic with the idea that Gibson's are more like ambers or browns... Shiner, Abita, Newcastle, Smithwicks... smooth and easy. Martins are like the Pale Ales to me... Bass, Harp, maybe even a German Pilsner like Bitburger... they're a bit harsh or bitter, but make their point very well.

All good in their place... some prefer one, some prefer the other...

Ain't beer and guitars great?

Archived