Gibson Brands Forums

Christian Metal

STLBlues

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just becuase your experienced doesnt mean your right.

I dont belive in that "gain hide your mistakes" bull**** anymore.

Its 2010' date=' we have amps that can get 10x gain then a marshall and show your mistakes more then a clean tone amp.

I belive that Metal is one of the hardest genres in the world.

Why, becuase it takes time and perservnces.

Metal has soul just as much as blues.

I can show you millions of songs that have soul and sound.

Now your talking about techinque?

Devil fingers?

Finger eight?

I bet you havent heard of these picking techniques beucase their so ****ing impossible.

Devil fingers is where you train your middle finger, ring finger and your pinky to be as fast as when your picking.

Please tell me that isnt hard, tell me that doesnt take time and years of practice.

Sure theirs tons of bands out there that just use power chords and use gain to hide their mistakes.

If you saw some of the things metal guitarist have to do for one hour at a concert you will be suprised their fingers havent fallen off.

Excuse my typos. [-( [/quote']

Your youth speaks volumes in what you just wrote.

Youre still obsessed with speed......youre adorable!

Just becuase your experienced doesnt mean your right.

I dont belive in that "gain hide your mistakes" bull**** anymore.

Its 2010' date=' we have amps that can get 10x gain then a marshall and show your mistakes more then a clean tone amp.

I belive that Metal is one of the hardest genres in the world.

Why, becuase it takes time and perservnces.

Metal has soul just as much as blues.

I can show you millions of songs that have soul and sound.

Now your talking about techinque?

Devil fingers?

Finger eight?

I bet you havent heard of these picking techniques beucase their so ****ing impossible.

Devil fingers is where you train your middle finger, ring finger and your pinky to be as fast as when your picking.

Please tell me that isnt hard, tell me that doesnt take time and years of practice.

Sure theirs tons of bands out there that just use power chords and use gain to hide their mistakes.

If you saw some of the things metal guitarist have to do for one hour at a concert you will be suprised their fingers havent fallen off.

Excuse my typos. [-( [/quote']

True

Metal is much easier to play because all that gain hides your mistakes.

Hey' date=' I like some good Metal......Judas Priest, Old Ozzy, Helix yadda, yadda.

So my opinion is based on experience.[/quote']

The problem is musicianship does not sell and that is why your "experience" was lousy. All the really good metal players who actually learned how to play from teachers and can read and write music are never going to me on the radio. I'm sorry, but you haven't heard it all. No one has. It's a big fncking world. You can live to be 46, 76, 96 but it doesn't mean anything if you never left your front porch. I'm not saying you haven't but you cannot honestly say you've heard it all. I'm discovering new stuff all the time from all over the world (Japan, Finland, Denmark, England, Russia, Brazil, Germany, Faroes, Italy, Israel to name a few). The Internet is great.

Note to fellow metalheads: If you like documentaries, check out "Global Metal" by Sam Dunn. I discovered a lot of bands I like seeing that movie. It is so fncking cool to see how music draws so many different people together.

Well then' date=' that's different.

The middle finger is [u']Danish[/u] for "burg."

I thought the OP had to do with whether or not Metal could be Christian...

Somebody took it down a dirt road. But Metal can be whatever the hell it wants. It gets to be unmetal when people start puting rules on it.

Somebody took it down a dirt road. But Metal can be whatever the hell it wants. It gets to be unmetal when people start puting rules on it.

Oh, it seems like there's lots of rules - but I don't know enough about it to comment. Otherwise, I agree with the above assessment.

I like metal....i don't typically listen to lyrics....so I dunno how much I would care if its Christian or not...i'm not religious in any way....so if it was too obvious or preachy, then its going in the trash...if I can focus on the instrumentation, we're good!

I don't listen to as much metal as I used to but I will stand behind dem00n and say that there are a hell of a lot of VERY talented metal guitarists out there...its a different type of talent used in the Blues though....different skills....they have to be precise....they have to be able to create melody in that heaviness and sometimes they are even really fast!

I wouldn't say these players are more talented than blues guitarists though....or vice versa....its so bloody different. It's like saying American Football Players are better than Soccer Players.....sure they are both sports, but how can you compare them?! Whats the comparison based on? Subjectivity?

I like metal....i don't typically listen to lyrics....so I dunno how much I would care if its Christian or not...i'm not religious in any way....so if it was too obvious or preachy' date=' then its going in the trash...if I can focus on the instrumentation, we're good!

I don't listen to as much metal as I used to but I will stand behind dem00n and say that there are a hell of a lot of VERY talented metal guitarists out there...its a different type of talent used in the Blues though....different skills....they have to be precise....they have to be able to create melody in that heaviness and sometimes they are even really fast!

I wouldn't say these players are more talented than blues guitarists though....or vice versa....its so bloody different. It's like saying American Football Players are better than Soccer Players.....sure they are both sports, but how can you compare them?! Whats the comparison based on? Subjectivity?[/quote']

We have an AMEN.

The cool thing about music is it's the perfect form of self expression. It can be Christian, or political, or anything. If you want to sing about God, Green Grass and High Tides, or that good woman gone bad, just plug in that Paul, turn up the volume, and express thyself!

The cool thing about music is it's the perfect form of self expression. It can be Christian' date=' or political, or anything. If you want to sing about God, Green Grass and High Tides, or that good woman gone bad, just plug in that Paul, turn up the volume, and express thyself![/quote']

what he said... :-({|=

Hehe.....billions around the world would disagree...

I'm not much of a fan either but its a sport...who can run that much?

A. The rest of the world doesn't count and

B. horses. dogs, people on fire, etc.

C. This ain't no sweet 16 party son! You're allowed to use your hands!

Archived