Gibson Brands Forums

Korg or Boss?

Josh James

The korg looks like it has a bigger readout than the tu-3. The polytune is very cool also, but I usually know which string is out of tune..so I dunno. I'm just going to go with the pitchback...yeeehaw! I also picked up a used Boss Flanger yesterday, getting some real cool sounds out of it in stereo.

J

A tuner is a tuner is a tuner....how different can they be? I have had the same Fender tuner for well over 10 years. I bought it for less than $20. How are the $70-$100 better?

pitch accuracy' date=' speed to acquire the note, display, case build, quality of parts/manufacture.

True, the same can be said about anything.

A $5 plastic guitar with fishing line strings still can make music........why buy anything more? [biggrin

A tuner is a tuner is a tuner....how different can they be? I have had the same Fender tuner for well over 10 years. I bought it for less than $20. How are the $70-$100 better?

Oh but Mojo that is because you are a metal player and can't hear any difference. Heavy distortion does not need a tuner , you can play without no tuning at all and you'll still sound good...lmao

Oh but Mojo that is because you are a metal player and can't hear any difference. Heavy distortion does not need a tuner ' date=' you can play without no tuning at all and you'll still sound good...lmao[/quote']

:P :- :-

Im not a big fan of Boss pedals.....The only one I have and would never part with is the

Enhancer EH2......an amazing pedal that they dont make anymore.

The EH-2 was sold from April 1990 to December 1997.

That's a great pedal - I like it because it's subtle, unlike the BBE Sonic Maximizer.

Oh but Mojo that is because you are a metal player and can't hear any difference. Heavy distortion does not need a tuner ' date=' you can play without no tuning at all and you'll still sound good...lmao[/quote']

[cool] You're right. Guess I'll switch to jazz.

You can run over a boss tuner.

Bulit like a tank.

Same with the Korg. I own one.

Trust me' date=' I'm a long time Boss pedal snob, the Korg is just as structurally sound or I wouldn't get it.

I have broken switches on less worthy equipment, I stomp hard and heavy

(especially now that I'm on in years - [cool )

That's a great pedal - I like it because it's subtle' date=' unlike the BBE Sonic Maximizer.[/quote']

Cabba do you have one?.....hang onto it. Youre right, its a sweet pedal that alot people didnt know

about untill it was too late.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and got the pitchblack. It has a small footprint on the board and is very bright and accurate.

So now I believe my gig pedal board is finalized BFG- Tuner - TS-9 - Keeley BDriver - OCD - Boss Flange - Crate V30 oe v3112 or whatever it is called. Two more rehearsals and my band will be a giggln' ...gigity goo!

J

I'm using a friend's Korg Pitchblack tuner..I like it alot' date=' more than my digitech tuner. Anyone tried out the new Boss Tu-3? Pro's or con's to it?

J[/quote']

Wait!! Check this out before you spend on the other tuners. It sells for the same price as the TU-3 and was a big hit at the NAMM show. Do a youtube on it for a demo. You will be amazed on how accurate and fast this tuner is. You strum your guitar and it will tell you which strings need tunning. You don't need to pluck the strings one by one like the other tuners, just strum the entire strings and the tuner will just tell which strings need tunning, hence "POLY Chromatic tuning". It displays all that info on the screen. It is also true bypass, unlike the Boss TU-2 and 3. Im thinking of getting one.

667205.jpg

Hhahhahahhahah!!! Just crank the gain on the amp and use a metal pedal and your all set for some metal. Also, have your singer growl in a really low octave, no need to put words together, just growl. LOL!!!

Archived