Gibson Brands Forums

Blues Jr. Love (updated with pics)

cookieman15061

I've been wanting to buy one for a while to use at home and smaller jams. I ended up buying the Tweed NOS with the up graded speaker and I gotta say it's worth every penny.

Every guitar I own shines through this baby. My Les Pauls, Tele, Strat and hollowbodies all sparkle.

I'm impressed! Pics soon but here's a stock one for now.

I promised some pics so here they are.

fenders007.jpg

fenders009.jpg

fenders014.jpg

Ive seen and heard great things about that amp with its Jensen speaker,, there is a guy on steviesnacks.com that has one and he loves it, he's done some mods to his that he loves too, Ive been tempted to get that same amp myself for home play too,, nice acquisition !!

My only amp right now is a Blues Jr actually, I bought it on advice from the guy at L&M because I was looking for a great tube amp for bluesy tones, I'm playing a blues jr through a Boss OS-2 pedal in my video you can see on flickr in my link there, and while the camera mic might not do junior true justice it still has a great tone. Also, mine is in the all black finish instead of the tweed.

So far so good, but I live in an apartment where if I have the Blues Jr on 4 my fiancie can hear me playing down the other end of the hall so I really haven't given the amp a real audio assault on the clean yet. It is a solid amp though, if you have time this weekend why not try one out?

I had mine cranked pretty good yesterday. (wife at work)

Plenty of head room for me.

Also has a fat switch that will beef it up a little if you like.

I got a real nice deal on it with a price match and a $35 gift coupon. Knocked 85 bucks off the price plus a set of strings thrown in just cause they love me LOL.

I posted this before a while ago, but thought this was a good place to re-post [biggrin]

I was actually considering buying a Blues Jr off Craigslist and was searching the reviews when I came upon this :-

Product: Fender Blues Junior

Price Paid: UNKNOWN

Submitted 09/19/2008 at 02:15pm by Felix the cat

Features : 10

Full suite of controls for editing, selecting warp drive factors, bending light and dark matter plus a pre-wired frontal lobotomy dial to remove one's own frontal lobes. Just plug it in and enjoy the inter dimensional aspects of this all tube design. Spark it up, Sparky!

Sound Quality : 10

I'm using this with a plastic guitar that I originally bought for my 3-year old daughter Jenny. Once I realized that Hasbro had actually crafted an instrument in the same league as the big guitar manufacturers, I was determined to find an amp worth of the Hasbro "Guitar Hero" model guitar.

Enter the Fender Blues Junior. For starters, the Hasbro's clear nylon strings vibrate and oscillate in perfect harmony with the BJr. So much so that I dialed my pals, Malmstein, Clapton, Satriani and Vai, and said. "Boys! You have GOT to check out this amp!" They had never heard of Fender, but they all had recently replaced all of their guitars with a single Hasbro Guitar Hero! Amazing tone! Ingwie had a pink one with my little pony prints on it. Clapton's had the blue top with the bubbles, as did Stevie Vai. Satch's was custom made for him-all chrome. Fantastic!

Back to the amp: I plugged in the Hasbro and sparked up the BJr. Upon hitting the first note of Flight of the Bumblebee (1/2048th notes) my front door crashed down and hundreds of the world's most beautiful supermodels streamed through the doorway screaming in one chorus: "I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU! I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!! MAKE LOVE TO ME NOW!!!" Wow, I was really surprised. That's how good this amp sounds.

Reliability : 10

Just to be sure, I had the US Army drive 100 Abrahms M2A Tanks over the amp. Then each tank took turns firing either HE or Sabot rounds at it from a distance of 1 nanometer. Not a scratch on the amp! Wow! This Fender company is good, very good! I never heard of them before but hey, they're rather obscure in the amp business, ya think? I would trust this amp even if the gig was underwater-in the Marianna trench. I will take it with me when I gig in other dimensions or different planets too.

Customer Support : 10

I called Joe Fender and he answered personally. That's good service. I told him that I needed to pay off the national debt so he sent me the cash. Look for the story on CNN: "Fender guitar amp owner pays off 53 trillion in US Treasury debt! Wall street reacts by sending the DOW to 100,000!" No really, this WILL happen. Joe Fender is the greatest.

Overall Rating : 10

As an intergalactic phase reversal device it is absolutely un-paralled. Right?

Once I realized that Hasbro had actually crafted an instrument in the same league as the big guitar manufacturers' date=' I was determined to find an amp worth of the Hasbro "Guitar Hero" model guitar. [/quote']

Oh, great. Now I'm GASsing for a Hasbro...[biggrin]

I posted this before a while ago' date=' but thought this was a good place to re-post [cool']

I was actually considering buying a Blues Jr off Craigslist and was searching the reviews when I came upon this [biggrin]

Product: Fender Blues Junior

Price Paid: UNKNOWN

Submitted 09/19/2008 at 02:15pm by Felix the cat

Features : 10

Full suite of controls for editing, selecting warp drive factors, bending light and dark matter plus a pre-wired frontal lobotomy dial to remove one's own frontal lobes. Just plug it in and enjoy the inter dimensional aspects of this all tube design. Spark it up, Sparky!

Sound Quality : 10

I'm using this with a plastic guitar that I originally bought for my 3-year old daughter Jenny. Once I realized that Hasbro had actually crafted an instrument in the same league as the big guitar manufacturers, I was determined to find an amp worth of the Hasbro "Guitar Hero" model guitar.

Enter the Fender Blues Junior. For starters, the Hasbro's clear nylon strings vibrate and oscillate in perfect harmony with the BJr. So much so that I dialed my pals, Malmstein, Clapton, Satriani and Vai, and said. "Boys! You have GOT to check out this amp!" They had never heard of Fender, but they all had recently replaced all of their guitars with a single Hasbro Guitar Hero! Amazing tone! Ingwie had a pink one with my little pony prints on it. Clapton's had the blue top with the bubbles, as did Stevie Vai. Satch's was custom made for him-all chrome. Fantastic!

Back to the amp: I plugged in the Hasbro and sparked up the BJr. Upon hitting the first note of Flight of the Bumblebee (1/2048th notes) my front door crashed down and hundreds of the world's most beautiful supermodels streamed through the doorway screaming in one chorus: "I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU! I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES!! MAKE LOVE TO ME NOW!!!" Wow, I was really surprised. That's how good this amp sounds.

Reliability : 10

Just to be sure, I had the US Army drive 100 Abrahms M2A Tanks over the amp. Then each tank took turns firing either HE or Sabot rounds at it from a distance of 1 nanometer. Not a scratch on the amp! Wow! This Fender company is good, very good! I never heard of them before but hey, they're rather obscure in the amp business, ya think? I would trust this amp even if the gig was underwater-in the Marianna trench. I will take it with me when I gig in other dimensions or different planets too.

Customer Support : 10

I called Joe Fender and he answered personally. That's good service. I told him that I needed to pay off the national debt so he sent me the cash. Look for the story on CNN: "Fender guitar amp owner pays off 53 trillion in US Treasury debt! Wall street reacts by sending the DOW to 100,000!" No really, this WILL happen. Joe Fender is the greatest.

Overall Rating : 10

As an intergalactic phase reversal device it is absolutely un-paralled. Right?

I believe this guy now rights for SNL. :-

i bought one of the Pro Jrs when they first came out. One of the best purchases I ever made.

simplicity

Pro_Senior_top.jpg

These will be the only controls on my dream amp. What else do you need?

Ive seen and heard great things about that amp with its Jensen speaker' date=', there is a guy on steviesnacks.com that has one and he loves it, he's done some mods to his that he loves too, Ive been tempted to get that same amp myself for home play too,, nice acquisition !! [/quote']

I am a big fan of Jensen speakers. It's what's in my Silvertone 1484's cabinet.

Archived