Gibson Brands Forums

Rocky Burnette

deepblue

I definitely remember that song. I immediately though of it when I saw the title of your thread.

Edit: I think he's the son of T Bone Burnette...a long time music writer and producer

It's one of those songs from the late 70s early 80s that were played constantly on the radio, but then disappeared and you never heard them again.

Like this one too:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg1Ibt4xP7g[/YOUTUBE]

I definitely remember that song. I immediately though of it when I saw the title of your thread.

Edit: I think he's the son of T Bone Burnette...a long time music writer and producer

It's one of those songs from the late 70s early 80s that were played constantly on the radio' date=' but then disappeared and you never heard them again.

Like this one too:

[YOUTUBE']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg1Ibt4xP7g[/YOUTUBE]

ahhh! I remember this one. Its now stuck in my head. lol...I also recall being in wood shop at school.

Wed have to use the "chuck key" to tighten the jaws of the drill.

As soon as I picked up the chuck key id start singing this...It was amusing once or twice. lol

ahhh! I remember this one. Its now stuck in my head. lol...I also recall being in wood shop at school.

Wed have to use the "chuck key" to tighten the jaws of the drill.

As soon as I picked up the chuck key id start singing this...It was amusing once or twice. lol

I now work in a machine shop. I hear the word chuck-key every day and consequently that songs is always playing in my head. [biggrin] Now you know how I pulled that one out [biggrin]

Rocky Burnette is a name that needs to be left out of music history. I will have nightmares tonight.

You guys are vicious! lol...Im not saying I was a fan, all im saying is that it triggers

memories of my youth. One of them is swimming in Alcona beach on Lake Simcoe. My friends

and me, with not a care in the world, sucking in our stomachs to impress the ladies! lol

The song was just a trigger, thats all.

You guys are vicious! lol...Im not saying I was a fan' date=' all im saying is that it triggers

memories of my youth. One of them is swimming in Alcona beach on Lake Simcoe. My friends

and me, with not a care in the world, sucking in our stomachs to impress the ladies! lol

The song was just a trigger, thats all.[/quote']

Trust me, I would have bet the farm that you were not a fan.

It brought back memories for me too, and I can recall my skin crawling as I changed the station... [biggrin] I think Rocky has that effect on a lot people, the replies to the post is proof of that, even after all these years.

Riding the Bus to School in 4th or 5th Grade and having no control over the radio really Sucked!This Song and Baker Street would usually come on before we got to school' date=' but at least I liked Baker Street.

[/quote']

Oh man, I can almost feel the pain you were experiencing.

Archived