Gibson Brands Forums

this proves that tone is all in the fingers...

S t e v e

never knew there was an argument otherwise[confused]

yea same here duane' date=' but you know you get people sayin "i bought the signature guitar, sig amp, sig effects, but when i play it dont sound the same", iv'e heard it soooooo many times...jus sayin [confused

when i went to steve vai's masterclass last year he said that eddie van halen went round to his house/studio one day and picked up his ibanez jem...all set up for vai's sound/tone, and soon as he started playing vai thought "thats eddie's tone man" :P all in the fingers/soul...

Not to sound like a jerk or anything... I've just been curious for a while...

What's wrong with his face? Did he get burnt or something? I'm not trying to make fun of him I just want to know.

i believe he got bottled in a pub in irland....

here is a song my dads band did about mr moore...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pWqBkHYHY[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry fellas. Those single coils in that Strat (even wound hot) can't sound like that without electronics. Sure Gary is a great player but tone like that coming outa single coils hanging off a piece of plastic screwed to a thin slab of alder (with a big chunk of it routed out for trem cavity) is the result of a rack full of fun stuff. [cool]

We've done this before.

Reality: no guitar at all= no tone, so the gear does have something to do with it, ergo it can't all be in the fingers.

I do believe, though, that the gear isn't nearly as important to the tone as the fingers on the fretboard or "the shoulder holding it up" -AXE®.

Not to sound like a jerk or anything... I've just been curious for a while...

What's wrong with his face? Did he get burnt or something? I'm not trying to make fun of him I just want to know.

gary was seeing a married woman back in the 70's and her husband come into a pub were gary was and a mass brawl erupted between gary and his mates and the husbands mates and gary got glassed in the face.

gary was seeing a married woman back in the 70's and her husband come into a pub were gary was and a mass brawl erupted between gary and his mates and the husbands mates and gary got glassed in the face.

Wow! Didn't know that!

The first time I (as a teenager) saw footage of Gary Moore was when he went in to the BBC's 'Old Grey Whistle Test' studio to promote his recently released 'Back on the Streets' album in (i've just checked it out on the DVD!) 1976 and the scars were very noticeable so may have been fairly recently acquired...

stevejoshay1; I'm sure you have it already have it but his performance that night was great! His backing band were, as introduced by Annie Nightingale, "...that up-and-coming young vocalist Phil Lynott; Scott Gorham - also from Thin Lizzy; Cozy 'Throttle' Powell and Don Airey".

They played 'Back on the Streets' and followed on with a version of 'Don't Delieve a Word' which started out as a slow ballad and ended up as a Balls-Out rocker with Gary and Scott swapping solos!

Gary had snapped his low 'E' during the first track and played the remainder of the set with it hanging from the peg-head of his ex-Peter Green 'burst.

Was this a time when Lizzy were thinking about giving him (back?) the guitar spot in place of Brian Robertson?

#-o

I love me some Gary :)

Yeah, but maybe he tinkered around with amps and effects too to find a similar tone.

A lot of it is in the style of play too.

Yes, some (or a lot) of it is in the fingers . But that strat has an awesome (if slight) different sound.

In the end.... that was freaking awesome.

Archived