Gibson Brands Forums

The reason I got a job!

DAS44

Well if any of you remember a whle back I started a thread about a mahogany strat I played, and loved. Since then I got a job.... This 'un

So I go to GC (sorry but thats the only place that had it, and this onee plays fantastically). They were having some technical difficulties so, it took a while of me sitting there, impatient and struggling not to jump off the walls waiting for them to figure it out. After the fact I ended up with $100 off and a free pack of strings for my trouble.

Get it home, immediately blown away. The cleans are fantastic, absolutley amazing. They have a kind of twang to them that I just cant get enough of. Now it has the S1 switching system (or some similar fancy lingo.).

. The system gives it a lot of variety that I'm loving. The dirtier of the sounds I get, perfection. Not too up front in your face, but lighter, more Texas bluesy sounds. I honestly love this thing.

ChanMan suggested I use the neck pup without the S1, oh man was that a good suggestion!

Loving the look too, the red is just amazing, shows the grain really really well. Didn't remember that it had a roller nut, but I'm not complaining.

Unfortunatley, after playing it for 3 and a half solid hours my dad kicked me off 'cause he wanted to watch the Celtics v Lakers gamer (which I am about to go watch with him). My joy, cut so short.

My sister took the family camera to Haiti with her and Ill get pics as soon as I get the camera back.

Pics coming on Wednesday, thats when the camera comes home.

FM, the humbuckers pretty nice, turn down the tone knobs (they actually work on this strat!) and its got a nice growl to it. Gotta love it.

Fingers're starting to bleed.... arg

Well back at it!

I'd have bought it for the tone off the neck pup alone. Everything else was just gravy. I can't wait to see Dom's guitar... they truly are gorgeous!

:)

I was going to ask you to post some just to satiate these dogs...

aya.

The tone is amazing! :D

Pics coming on Wednesday' date=' thats when the camera comes home.

FM, the humbuckers pretty nice, turn down the [b']tone knobs (they actually work on this strat!) and its got a nice growl to it.[/b] Gotta love it.

Fingers're starting to bleed.... arg

Well back at it!

Major Selling Point! Now you got me gassin'.

Aye FM, if you get a chance to play one, GO FOR IT.

Well Steve, the A-50 is fantastic, took a leap and it worked out well. :) Thanks for that

<Looks in couch for $> umm Can someone spot me $33,499.75?

Archived