Gibson Brands Forums

F1

daveinspain

Went to the qualifying runs today for Valencia 3rd annual Formula One Races.... Luck would have it we have great seats!! Right at the finish line...

L1020614a.jpg

We were rooting for Spain's Fernando Alonso driving for Ferrari to win the pole position but we had to settle for #4 in the starting line up tomorrow....

L1020635a.jpg

Read how it went and stats of the drivers...

Here is a little taste of the live action...

I hope to get some good pics at tomorrows big race.... GO ALONSO!!!!!!

Don't forget the earplugs.

Two seasons ago I went to Cheste (ford palco vip) and the noise of the cars was terrible. I can imagine the start of the race and this should be hell.

Go Hamilton!!!

Thanks for that... I had two sets of plugs with me [blink] I can't chance the constant ringing in my ears getting any worse...

May the best driver win!!!

That's pretty cool.

They are preparing the city of Baltimore for a Grand Prix type race sometime in the next year or two. It's supposed to be a big deal and a lot of big names are supposed to participate. I heard one of the Unsers promoting it.

Ummm If tomorrow red bull cars don't have a engine failure I guess Vettel or Webber will be the best driver :-k

Vaya Carlito... No quieres que gana Alonso????

Translation: WTF Carlos... Don't you want Alonso to win?

BTW, Welcome to the forum... Where in Valencia are you?

Dave...Nothing like a fine tuned Guitar (of course a Gibson is not just a Guitar)

or

a finely tuned Car (of course an F-1 is not just a Car)

HAVE FUN watching the Race, I'll have to settle for Antelope playing on the Range.

Vaya Carlito... No quieres que gana Alonso????

Translation: WTF Carlos... Don't you want Alonso to win?

BTW' date=' Welcome to the forum... Where in Valencia are you?[/quote']

It is not a matter of preferences. it is just that I'm realistic and I don't think that Alonso has a good chance of wining the race. Unless Red bull have a engine failure (or vettel does another silly overtake), they are the best cars followed by Mclaren, and Alonso will start the race on 4º position (the dirty part of the starting grid, he could even lost one position). So in my opinion is hard that Alonso wins the race. But everything could happen.

It is not a matter of preferences. it is just that I'm realistic and I don't think that Alonso has a good chance of wining the race. Unless Red bull have a engine failure (or vettel does another silly overtake)' date=' they are the best cars followed by Mclaren, and Alonso will start the race on 4º position (the dirty part of the starting grid, he could even lost one position). So in my opinion is hard that Alonso wins the race. But everything could happen.[/quote']

Ok, what you say may be true but I am rooting for Alonso because I know the Spanish people are very proud of him and want him to win...

We have the AVP Open going on this weekend a few blocks down. They have news trucks and all kinds of crap and have basically taken over two blocks of the beach. There is NOWHERE to park so we're home bound. Too bad that I have zero interest in volleyball.

F1 is really cool but it doesn't really interest me. I bet those cars are fun to drive. I hear they're ridi****usly hard to shift properly. Maybe if they make an automatic lol.

I find it much more interesting than Nascar, I don't care how fast you're going if all you do is make left hand turns in a big circle for hours.

Ok' date=' what you say may be true but I am rooting for Alonso because I know the Spanish people are very proud of him and want him to win...

[/quote']

Yes of course, my problem is that I'm to rational (music and women is what make me irrational ja,ja,ja..) and also even since I can remember I've been watching f1. So my idea and the way I enjoy the f1 is quite different, I don't support pilots, in fact I support the williams team (it is a long story) and if someday Ford returns to F1 I'll support ford without any doubt. It is true that cosworth this season has return to f1 but it is not ford cosworth.

Archived