Gibson Brands Forums

To the West!

Silenced Fred

I have been in Colorado and Wyoming visiting friends, and just sight seeing. It's pretty awesome, big improvement over Illinois... I really like it out here. The skies are beautiful, the mountains are gorgeous, and the girls are AWESOME! I hope to transfer to Colorado State University in a year or two.

In case anyone has any advice of where to visit, or things to do, let me know.

I'll try and upload some pictures

I have been in Colorado and Wyoming visiting friends' date=' and just sight seeing. It's pretty awesome, big improvement over Illinois... I really like it out here. The skies are beautiful, the mountains are gorgeous, and the girls are AWESOME! I hope to transfer to Colorado State University in a year or two.

In case anyone has any advice of where to visit, or things to do, let me know.

I'll try and upload some pictures[/quote']

My last "family" vacation was over there! (only we visited south Dakota also)

DONT GO TO YELLOWSTONE it was a huge letdown for me and my entire family, ya know Old Faithful? remove faithful and just call it Old because it was 20 minutes past when it was supposed to be and it wasn't that great.

you are right about the girls over there, the vast majority are hot and there weren't many guys on the streets.

My last "family" vacation was over there! (only we visited south Dakota also)

DONT GO TO YELLOWSTONE it was a huge letdown for me and my entire family' date=' ya know Old Faithful? remove faithful and just call it Old because it was 20 minutes past when it was supposed to be and it wasn't that great.

you are right about the girls over there, the vast majority are hot and there weren't many guys on the streets.[/quote']

True about the girls. And its girls that actually do stuff, not just sit around and shop. Little bits of plaid shirt, and cut off jean shorts [cool] I'll stop there

If you're in driving distance, within some 20 miles of the Wyo line and under 90 minutes from Devils Tower on July 4 is a mile and a half of parade and an afternoon PRCA rodeo on July 4.

Mount Rushmore is 90 minutes another direction.

m

That's cool. My friend just got back from a trip where he drove through basically every western and midwestern state. He loves Colorado. He bought some crazy fireworks in Montana that are totally illegal here in California. Last night we were launching mortars and just generally blowing a bunch of stuff up. Then we went on an extremely spur of the moment trip to Arizona and Nevada. It was a lot of fun. We bought a bunch more fireworks and went into the middle of nowhere to blow stuff up. The drive was pretty exhausting but it was cool. We just drove around jamming to some music and blowing stuff up. I just got back.

Ft. Collins' date=' staying with my dad's friends. We are in Wyoming right now, going back for 4th of July, then going to fairplay to see some elevation, then heading back[/quote']

Ah... you're in the best part! I'm about 20 minutes from Fort Collins. Pretty nice town.. definitely see some of the mountains while you're here. We've got some of the best!

Here's one to think about...

I remember Saturn's "Garden of the Gods" and the "Seven Falls," Mount Rushmore farther north, as they were in the early 1950s before post WWII encroached and before the Interstate highways. (As a journalist, for example, I covered the opening of I-90 through South Dakota.)

In ways nothing reminds me more of the changes in much of our society than the way in which the "attractions" of a half century ago have changed to what is seen today - the roads and rules as well.

m

Archived