Gibson Brands Forums

interesting "find" on ebay....

xdistancex

there is an epiphone 12 string les paul with a brown gibson usa case for sale near me, so it caused me to do some browsing along on ebay, looking at 12 strings and i came across this ... seemed to have an interesting story to it so i thought id share .............

http://cgi.ebay.com/60s-GIBSON-PSYCHEDELIC-SG-12-STRING-FIREBIRD-PROJECT-/360279204071?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item53e25060e7

Sadly that guitar holds no interest for me.... Looks like a POS...

Sorry!

It's nasty...but I'd sure as heck pay $200 for it.... I could split an 8-ball in half, drill a hole in the body big enough to glue in the 8-ball...then break off then neck in a fit of "Townshend-ness"!

its the story behind it was what was fascinating to me' date=' thats why i posted it[/quote']

Yeah, sounds like an early experiment in guitar modification by a certain contributor to the Gibson Forums. Blackie?????? [biggrin]

Yeah' date=' sounds like an early experiment in guitar modification by a certain contributor to the Gibson Forums. Blackie?????? [cool']

Haha yeah that was my first thought when i read the story was it sounded like something Blackie wouldve pulled off!

cabba2203, thanks for finding the lost video of Lemmy Kilmeister's first performance on his Rick bass just before he was in Hawkwind! Hard to believe that he would have his own limited edition Rick bass down the road. Thanks!

cabba2203' date=' thanks for finding the lost video of Lemmy Kilmeister's first performance on his Rick bass just before he was in Hawkwind! Hard to believe that he would have his own limited edition Rick bass down the road. Thanks![/quote']

[biggrin] Pre warts too.

Archived