Gibson Brands Forums

I'm going to see Tom Petty tonight!

Twiz

Jealous. Very very jealous. I've yet to see TP but he's on my bucket list. Pittsburgh? Gee I wonder if my mom knows this? Usually they drive in for good concerts like that (they're in Coatesville).

Have a wonderful time, as I'm sure you will!

Sorry everybody, I just had lawn tickets so I wasn't close enough to get any good photos. Let me just say that last night's Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers show was probably one of the top 10 concerts that I've ever been to. They played 3 or 4 songs from the new album (all awesome) and the rest of their set was made up of golden standards. The highlights for me were the new song 'I Should Have Known It' (I love that riff), 'Refugee' (probably my favorite song of theirs), and 'Don't Come Around Here No More' (the ending was really rocking). They did a really beautiful version of 'Learning To Fly' as well. -Tom started it out by himself with an acoustic and on a dark stage.

I swear it seemed like Tom and Mike Campbell played a different guitar on every song. They had just about every awesome guitar that we always talk about (Tele's, Strats, Les Pauls, Firebirds, Rickenbackers, ES 335's, etc.). My girlfriend was laughing at me because I flipped out every time they came out with a new guitar. Haha. I'm a nerd. Anyway, if any of you guys get a chance to go see them on this tour, go. It's amazing.

Sorry everybody' date=' I just had lawn tickets so I wasn't close enough to get any good photos. [/quote']

That's fine, I'm just glad you enjoyed the show. I wish I could have been there.

It always amazes me how many people spend the whole gig taking photos and videos on their phone . . . me I want to hear and see the gig live and not be messing around trying to take pictures when there are millions available that are much better quality anyway.

Archived