Gibson Brands Forums

Post pictures of your SGs!

Dub-T-123

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guitar is what it says on the headstock: a Roadstar II. Ibanez's version of the Strat really. That one you're holding probably dates from 1980 or so. The one-pickup model reflects the influence of EVH, everybody was trying to cop some of that one pickup/no tone control/tremolo vibe. Nobody famous played the Roadstar except for the guitarist for Simple Minds, who of course was the famous...uh...guy who played guitar for Simple Minds on their hit, which was, um...Anyway, he played one!

It ain't worth much, maybe $300 on the outside. They're not great guitars, not bad ones either.

hey guys,

I`m sorry, my question has nothing to do with this topic, but I don`t know where to ask it...

This guitar is an old ibanez made in japan. Does anyone know the type or the price of this guitar?

• 3 weeks later...

Nice SG! Cool Hiwatt PA 100 too!

Thanks.The Hiwatt is a 1973 DR112 Custom 100.They were built as alrounders,for bass ,guitar and vocals.The whole band could plug in with the six seperate eq's and volumes.I had a 74 DR103 untill three days befor I got this.It sounds every bit as good ,the circuit is more CP 100 like the Who and page amps.Best of all these are cheaper then the regular Hiwatts.heres a pic of my ex DR103 and SG Classic.100_1074.jpgpa1002-1.jpg100_0441.jpg

Totally dig that SG Jr.!!!!!!

Thanks Cabba and Dub-t! I had to look up "Igualmente", I didn't know what it meant, lol.

The Jr was a project, I traded a 1992 SG custom for it about two and a half years ago. When I got it it was sanded clean down to the raw wood, even the peghead with no guard. I have since had a friend of mine put a thin nitro finish on it and relic the arm wear due to the stain in the wood from that area. A friend of mine said it was a potato chip because it is so light, so that has become its name. It still awaits the gibson silkscreen, although we have installed the Les paul junior logo.

Thanks Cabba and Dub-t! I had to look up "Igualmente", I didn't know what it meant, lol.

The Jr was a project, I traded a 1992 SG custom for it about two and a half years ago. When I got it it was sanded clean down to the raw wood, even the peghead with no guard. I have since had a friend of mine put a thin nitro finish on it and relic the arm wear due to the stain in the wood from that area. A friend of mine said it was a potato chip because it is so light, so that has become its name. It still awaits the gibson silkscreen, although we have installed the Les paul junior logo.

My 81 Flying V was a project like that.

The previous owner looked to have stripped it, did no sanding or grain filling and spray can sprayed it.

Then during the refinifsh, the guy sanding took off most of my serial number and "Made In U.S.A" stamping, so it's completely worthless to anyone but myself now. That's ok, I love it and never plan to get rid of it anyway.

Ok, so I have benn lurking here for a while, and I have been inspired by all that I have read and seen. Now it is my turn to share. This is an early SG Diablo and her name is Liz. And I promise that she is as hot as she looks!

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03371.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

Here is my only and favorite SG. I like the more extreme bevelling, small pguard, barking '57 pups, and smaller horn points. I also like the wider headstock, and the different contours of the '61 compared to the standards. Only minus is that it isn't a darker cherry.

61sgreissuebody.jpg

P8200048.jpg

P8200052.jpg

Archived