Gibson Brands Forums

Your type of chick!

olioli

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too romantic?? Too romantic?? [cool]:-k:-s[blink]:-k:-s:-k[blink] .....

and this would be a bad thing how?

I don't know either... maybe its because people act like this, but don't actually mean it. I mean, who am I trying to impress on the internet? For real, that's just how I am. I was taught to treat everyone fairly, and I'm not a jerk to girls. What's wrong with actually caring about them?

I don't know either... maybe its because people act like this' date=' but don't actually mean it. I mean, who am I trying to impress on the internet? For real, that's just how I am. I was taught to treat everyone fairly, and I'm not a jerk to girls. What's wrong with actually caring about them?[/quote']

There is NOTHING wrong with treating people with respect. Trust me, you WILL find that cute honest girl-next-door who loves and adores you. Just be patient and shop around. And if you're treating girls with respect and fairness, you can and should expect the same back. If you don't get that from a girl, you need to be strong enough to walk away.

Is there a non of the above option?

I want a girl who is like a best friend' date=' cute as a button, but has her own mind. Is that possible?[/quote']

Yes there are, I've been married to mine for 30 years. People say were hermits. Were both workaholics. She works days and I work graveyard shift. But we make sure our days off are together. She's my best friend, Designated driver, and nastiest music critic. I have everything I need in her.[biggrin]

There is NOTHING wrong with treating people with respect. Trust me' date=' you WILL find that cute honest girl-next-door who loves and adores you. Just be patient and shop around. And if you're treating girls with respect and fairness, you can and should expect the same back. If you don't get that from a girl, you need to be strong enough to walk away.[/quote']

Have had to walk away before... the drama isn't worth it.

Thanks GG

I like nice elegant ladys who you can have an intellectual conversation with. Oh and cute' date=' not hot or sexy, but cute. I'm really a beautiful eyes, great smile, and lovely dimples kind of guy.[/quote']

+1, eyes are what really get me. a cute smile with the head cocked a little bit...

Nathan...

Well, I voted "Cowgirl," which wouldn't surprise anybody who has any personal knowledge of me at all.

But "Cowgirl" seems to me to fit our two ladies that made comment on this thread, whether or not they've ever seen a bovine at less than 10 meters or touched a horse. (I know Karen can saddle and bridle her own.)

A "Cowgirl" knows how nature works, both human and otherwise; she knows how to work and how to have fun and she may flirt or not, but knows most of all how to be a friend and neighbor. She's tougher than nails and softer than her silk scarf - but then again, most folks don't realize how strong silk really is.

More, a "Cowgirl" knows that freedom is absolutely necessary for a free spirit - her own or those around her. She's her own person but she probably can be that "naughty 40 or 50+" when she wants to be - the cowboys get to so why not the cowgirls too?

Finally, a "Cowgirl" knows how to cowboy up when she gets tossed by a pony or a rough spot in urban life.

Nathan, "Cowgirl" is a metaphor, as is typical in "cowboy songs," for just about what you say you'd like to run across in terms of feminine company. Who am I to argue against the idea?

m

Did she tell you to type that? [smile]

Nah' date=' I'm kidding. I know what you mean. All of my friends tell me to get a girlfriend just to get one. I want the connection to be there you know? I want someone I can be with for an hour and have it feel like 5 minutes.

I don't consider myself a romantic.[/quote']

She may be right in front of you and you don't even realize it.

My wife and I met as freshman in college. We hung together with a small circle of friends that had the same classes.

For 2 years we were just friends and never dated while she was engaged to another guy. He was a real piece of work and they were high school sweethearts. Her and I would have long conversations about their relationship and how one knows if the one your gonna marry is the right one.

Slowly I realized it was just us 2 hanging out by ourselves spending time together laughing and joking like best friends.

This all happened as her engagement was put on hold ( seems her fiance had a minor indiscretion).

As the end of our soph year approached we decided to see a movie together and by our second date I knew I was crazy about her.

In less than a year we were married.

So yeah I tell everyone I married my best friend and she still is.

She may be right in front of you and you don't even realize it.

My wife and I met as freshman in college. We hung together with a small circle of friends that had the same classes.

For 2 years we were just friends and never dated while she was engaged to another guy. He was a real piece of work and they were high school sweethearts. Her and I would have long conversations about their relationship and how one knows if the one your gonna marry is the right one.

Slowly I realized it was just us 2 hanging out by ourselves spending time together laughing and joking like best friends.

This all happened as her engagement was put on hold ( seems her fiance had a minor indiscretion).

As the end of our soph year approached we decided to see a movie together and by our second date I knew I was crazy about her.

In less than a year we were married.

So yeah I tell everyone I married my best friend and she still is.

No I know what you mean. I do hang out with girls and stuff like that, but it seems that there is always a change of attitude, and most of the time, they turn way different than before. It's hard to explain...

And cabba- my friend is really into emo/goth chicks too.

Is there a non of the above option?

I want a girl who is like a best friend' date=' cute as a button, but has her own mind. Is that possible?[/quote']

+1 ... I couldn't vote either.

But Fred, I had to wait 'till college to find one, sorry man. Be patient if that's what you want though, 'cause so far they just get better as you go. By 30 ish, you've got best-friend-girl-next-door with overtones of 40 and naughty. [biggrin]

+1 ... I couldn't vote either.

But Fred' date=' I had to wait 'till college to find one, sorry man. Be patient if that's what you want though, 'cause so far they just get better as you go. By 30 ish, you've got best-friend-girl-next-door with overtones of 40 and naughty. [biggrin

Hmmmm... 12 more years...

I know a lotta times meeting someone and marrying young works.

OTOH... I think sometimes folks are better off thinkin' about it a while.

I think it's almost unnatural for people not to change through the hs and college experience. The general inclinations, yeah, but I think the specific "I wanna do this or that" type of personality thing really hits.

"Goth?" Well, we didn't quite have that when I was a kid, but there were some folks that were they catapulted into 2010 would probably catch into that sort of appearance and have very little change in many perspectives.

But in retrospect, the girls from my own youth I best remember are those with whom I became friends. Yeah, I had some crushes, but... memories of the friends of one's childhood and young adult years are pretty nice.

EDIT: I just got to thinking... Gee, 40 and naughty seems awfully young. <chortle>

m

Archived