Gibson Brands Forums

What was the LAST live show you ever saw ?

CodeMonk

Jorma Kaukonen' date=' acoustic show with Barry Mitterhoff on mandolin, at the Rams Head, Annapolis, Md. back in February.

[/quote']

I didn't even know he was there.... I live in Frederick and saw him/hot tuna, Steppenworf and the Guess Who a few years ago at Merriweather.

John

Last "major" show I've been to was the Blue Man Group (do they count ???!!!???:-k ) Last live performance of any kind was the Skyla Burrell Blues Band at Brackin's Blues Bar here in town :- Skyla, now that woman can play some guitar, even if the guitar (and amps) start with an F- and end in an -ender #-o

I didn't even know he was there.... I live in Frederick and saw him/hot tuna' date=' Steppenworf and the Guess Who a few years ago at Merriweather.

John[/quote']

It was a great show, almost like being in church. Saw him with Hot Tuna at the Rams Head Live in Baltimore last July. Smokin' show, with Jorma and Jack both playing Epi's. :-k

Glen Phillips (Toad The Wet Sprocket) in Feb. at the WOW hall in Eugene. An unbelievably poor turnout of maybe 15 (I'm not kidding) people. Put on a good show despite the lack of fans. This area is just horrible for live music. Same show was a sellout in hipper venues. I miss Philly!!!!!!

Get The Led Out (incredible Zep tribute) about 3 weeks ago at House Of Blues. Just got Rush tickets for July 4th in Atlantic City. Yeah, Yeah...I know..."Rush sucks" and all the other B.S. but this will be the 8th time I've seen them since 1980 (still don't own one of their CDs) and they kick *** live so nobody pee in my picnic basket :-k

I haven't lately been to too many concerts' date=' In the past year, I've only seen three live shows. Sergio Mendes, Stephen Stills & Jim Belushi & the Sacred Hearts.[/quote']

Hey John O, Eric Burdon & the Animals are playing Spotlight 29 June 14th. Kathryn is going to go with me.

I may have to make that one Jerry. I've done many interviews with Eric over the years and have seen him many times live in his various lineups.

He's got one of the original Animals with him in this lineup. Hilton Valentine on guitar.

Also, he has two other seasoned guitarists in Billy Watts and Steve Conte.

He has three drummers in this band, Herman Matthews, Tony Baunagel and Steve Murphy.

Red Young, who has recorded with almost everybody is on keyboards and Paula O'Rouke is on bass.

Get The Led Out (incredible Zep tribute) about 3 weeks ago at House Of Blues. Just got Rush tickets for July 4th in Atlantic City. Yeah' date=' Yeah...I know..."Rush sucks" and all the other B.S. but this will be the 8th time I've seen them since 1980 (still don't own one of their CDs) and they kick *** live so nobody pee in my picnic basket [-X [/quote']

I won't pee in your picnic basket.. I've seen Rush 17 times... Besides the Beatles, Rush was the only other band I was truly "obsessed" with.... (I was a prog-rock geek... still am, I guess...)

No big stars shows since a long time....The last shows have seen where at "Mont-Tremblant blues festival" ( 75 miles north of Montreal ) last July, and I can't remember no names, but I must have seen 12 shows in 2 days...that was great music and atmosphere. 6 or 7 different stages, one show after the other...what a great time I had there...

MAN, I'm sitting here, listening and watching a wonderful Kansas "Thunderstorm" with some good blues,

(John Lee Hooker) on the CD player, and it's just awesome! Talk about "live(ly)" entertainment! LOL!

Just hope there aren't any Tornados hiding up there, someplace? ;>b

CB

Archived