Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Valve Seniors?

They can't be serious about those colors. Except for maybe the salmon, they don't even look good with the existing grillcloth. And think about the stocking issues...... um sir, we're out of yellow, but do have plenty of pink in stock. can i get you one?

nah, don't think so.

+1. BTW valve Senior... how many watts are we talking' date=' 15 or 40+[/quote']

sweetwater claims 18 watt for the sr. head and combo

they say the one that looks like a valve jr. with 3 knobs is the "valve jr. hot rod" and is 5 watt. gain volume and reverb knobs.

FenrirLupus - I play through my Mac too! I use GB' date=' Logic Studio, etc. also using Guitar Rig 3, Amplitube 2 and a few others. Makes a great amp! And like you said - PEDALS GALORE.[/quote']the only problem is it's not portable like the firefly 30 dsp I'm getting today. :-&

but unlike the firefly, this has stereo speakers, and thus, some of the effects take advantage of that, and i can simulate a rotary speaker.

Well, I guess it's official. Here we go again with a VJr Hot Rod and a VSenior. Pretty cool that they went ahead and did the octal mod on the VSenior for us in advance! ](*,)

So who's gonna be the first one on the block to rip the guts right outta the box?

Pardon me, I think I'm having a Country Joe moment. :-$

Gil...

I got a Sweetwater card tonight.. I like the way they do business in the first place.. but I want a VSr!

I think the head .. but maybe the combo..

I hope they do offer color choices

sweetwater claims 18 watt for the sr. head and combo

they say the one that looks like a valve jr. with 3 knobs is the "valve jr. hot rod" and is 5 watt. gain volume and reverb knobs.

Reverb? I think Tone would make more sense?

Well, it looks like the new EVJr "Hot Rod" replaces the Valve Special in a stripped-down format: 2x 12ax7s, reverb, gain *and* volume.

Rats.

Also, the EVSr seems to want to replace everything between the 5-watt and the 30-watt brackets - and yes, at a premium price ](*,) (as compared to the previous Epi offerings). Maybe $300 isn't too much for the head alone, but El Senor is too much amp for me, and the price just makes that case more forcefully.

Specs & write-ups (albeit brief) @ sweetwater....

I dunno. $300 for the head is a good deal, but I'm thinking the extra $60 for a birch ply combo cab and speaker is also a good deal. Especially when viewed next to the $400 Blackheart 15w combo without a reverb tank.

Gil...

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yup, mid summer then its a either a Blackheart Handsome Devil, Vox Nightrain, or maybe something else.

I give 'em till the middle of this summer. If they aren't out by then I'm selling out and getting a blackheart. I'm in dire need of a gig-worthy tube amp that won't cost me half the summer's salary.

I'm thinking the Vox Night Train might be better than both' date=' and more chances of being shipped.[/quote']

Vox NT suppose to be real nice. Seen one but not played one, here a youtube vid link;

Also the Nightrain is similar to the Orange tiny terror i just got which i really like even tho my speaker i crap at the mo. My celeston G12T75 should be here today and my cab in a month hopefully! Heres a link for the tiny terror;

Archived