Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Valve Seniors?

that 112 combo up top looks cool...

Meh' date=' too many knobs. Probably DSP. Maybe channelswitching.

I like the JR+ head on the left. Volume, tone, gain and [i']a standby-switch[/i]. Would that indicate a higher wattage?

Meh' date=' too many knobs. Probably DSP. Maybe channelswitching.

I like the JR+ head on the left. Volume, tone, gain and [i']a standby-switch[/i]. Would that indicate a higher wattage?

I meant just the idea of a 112 combo epiphone. I wouldnt mind 2-3 knobs but that is too complicated and DSP? phooey!

I'm just curious what power tubes they use. I just played with a $600 peavy 30W with built-in reverb and 4xEL84 (two banks of 2 in push-pull), nice sound that, much different than the EL84 in single-ended mode (distortion characteristics change in PP).

If it's 50W it's possibly 2 6L6 tubes (48W, see Fender 5D8); if it's 30 it may be 4 EL84 or 2 EL34 (Marshall sound). In any case I'd love to play with it and see how it sounds; every set of tubes is gonna sound different.

Hard to say... I guess we're all hopin' Epi went with toob tone as far as possible.. but we all know how those gizmos do in the marketplace.

A lot of people would still be happy if any digital stuff was reasonably disconnectible.

if that's a word.

The VSr isn't much wider than the VJr head, and matches the cab. Due to the limited space, and the fact that they still have the Blues 30 on the market, I'm thinking maybe it's an 18watt?

Also, it looks like there are 7 knobs, which could be Vol, TMB, MV, and no telling what on the other two. Second channel gain & MV or Vol & tone perhaps? If so, it shouldn't be too hard to mod the second channel into a reverb tank driver & recovery circuit for the first channel. [-o<

Gil...

N_SummerNAMM08a.jpg

Anyone know specs?

'Spec'-ulations only -- the real ones are locked in EPI's vaults (for now).

Bet your Sunday doughnuts on this: Prices will skyrocket.

Now that EPI has whetted everyone's low watt SE tube amp appetite with VJr.' date=' modern business dictates cashing in, right? Glad I have my V3 "platform" with pedal money left in my pocket to add the exact features I wanted (like reverb) instead of what someone behind a desk thought I might want.

Hit every BLUE NOTE baaaby..., I'm going to play on:-"

I'm unconvinced.

in ordinary times, I'd agree just as cynically as you propose; however, the times are not ordinary. Guitars and amplifiers are luxury items, not necessities (not counting professional musos) - the raft of sale / clearance emails that hit my inbox everyday are breathless as the big retailers scour the landscape for every new dollar.

It's a tough time to release new products, especially if they're less than compelling; it's an even worse time to raise prices.

I expect we may see El Señor at no more than $100 over the Junior - and see Junior's price get shaved into the bargain.

I have a Special, which I'm lining up to mod (modestly), so I don't really *care* - but I AM interested in the tech details & in what E has learned from their recent amp adventures.

Archived