Gibson Brands Forums

Pros and Cons fo the Twisted Sister LP

LaRouteDu

Enyone care to give their thoughts? I only like it for the burst buckers. And I kinda like the pink. lol

Well I guess we Decided that the only CON is that its PINK.

Over All seems to be a wounderFully guitar. Mabey its possible to get it refinished the same day you buy it.

Having played one I can tell you this:

PROS: Totally top notch workmanship as per all elitists

Burstbucker pickups

real cool features like the cut-away in the back (like the Ultra) & chambered body.

CONS: It's pink. (That is absolutely the only 'con' I can think of). And the pink actually kinda grows on you after awhile. It doesn't look as bad in person as it does in pictures. If I could find one of these I would buy it (and I'm a heterosexual guy).

I think there is a real good chance that this guitar will be worth some big bucks someday because a) they only made a few of them & 8-[ it is a really good guitar. Most 'novelty' guitars like this are total crap but if this was a 'conventional' color it would be the king (not 'queen') of elitists.

I played one at the the local guitar store. If you can get past the color it was a great guitar. The burstbusters sound awesome, fit and finish were excellent.

I posted about it on this board, and TulsaSlim's brother ended up buying it.

I was a teenager when Twisted Sister burst onto the scene and I personally LOVED J.J. Frenches' guitar. Now; the Pros : As stated , its an Elitist. Top notch quality throughout, USA pups and electronics. The Cons: The cutaway; while some may like it, J.J.s' guitar was L.P. Standard and naturally did not have a cutaway. Also, I dont care for the logo on the headstock. Thats my biggest gripe with the Joe Perry model, t hat ugly a** logo.

All in all, if I could score one at a good price' I would do it in a minute.

i've heard of the tummy cut but have never heard about it being chambered. never even seen photos of the tummy cut, or a real life pic, for that matter. is it still in production? if enough people pass on them, maybe they'll blow them out cheap- i might consider it then, if i had enough cash left over for a re-fin. :)

Yeah i would do the same. Id be like "I want that guitar but can i get it refinished at the same time?" I bet the dealer would be like "get out of my store" Cuz really the whole point is its pink....but i think this guitar is sold out tho....its like a novelty.....sucks......

i've heard of the tummy cut but have never heard about it being chambered. never even seen photos of the tummy cut' date=' or a real life pic, for that matter. is it still in production? if enough people pass on them, maybe they'll blow them out cheap- i might consider it then, if i had enough cash left over for a re-fin. :)[/quote']

The TS LP is history.

Doth' date=' my brother has told me many times to give you thanks for turning him on to that guitar. He's named it 'Pinky' & it's the pride of his collection.[/quote']

Tulsa,

I am glad that someone could enjoy it. I thought it played exceptionally well. Being chambered and the "tummy" cut were all positives. The pickups were awesome. The pink color isn't that big of deal. The only reason I didn't pick it up was because I have a Boneyard LP with the same pickups, and there really wasn't enough of a reason to justify that over buying something completely different than I already owned.

At the price they had it for, it was I think more than 50% off list (I am getting old, and my memory isn't so good). But it would have been a great price at anything less than $1k.

It is great to hear it fell into good hands!

What, you think real men don't play pink guitars?

On the contrary, only a real man with a real set of nuts would have the guts to play a pink guitar.

Haha

Anyway, I love mine. The tummy cut is a plus. I have always been reluctant to modify my Gibson LP Historic because I'm worried about hurting the value in case...

But I popped out the Burstbuckers and put in new bridge/tailpiece and then also put in new Lollar Imperials. Also ditched the busy truss rod cover for a plain black one.

Couldn't be happier. It sounds better than my Historic too!

Archived