Gibson Brands Forums

Patrick Stump Signature G-400?

Solipsil

I, personally, would love to see this. I realize this idea isn't going to get a terrible warm reception, since Fall Out Boy is one of those bands that everyone has an opinion of. But, for those of us who play guitar and like Fall Out Boy, this could be a neat little guitar to add to our collections.

Patrick's been playing that Silver Gibson SG Special since forever, and he's the only member of the band who doesn't have a signature something (Joe has the Washburn Idol, Pete has the Squier P-bass, and Andy has signature drum sticks with Vic Firth :-).

My proposal would be an Epiphone G-400 in that silver color (the real name of the finish escapes me and it appears to be discontinued) with a full pickguard, probably with Patrick's pickup set of choice (Seymour Duncan says he uses the JB, Custom, and Distortion pickups, but I don't know if that's the case lately) and any other little tweaks he'd like.

It could possibly offer the niche of a G-400 with a set of nicer pickups in them straight from the factory. Plus, I'm sure a lot of people would like to get their hands on a guitar with that silver finish, seeing as Gibson doesn't make them anymore.

Pictures of his guitar:

One, Two

This is just a pipe dream, but I'd buy one, if not only for the finish and pickups. I have two SGs already, a Gibson and an Epiphone Goth.

Also, please don't post if you're just going to be rude or make fun of Fall Out Boy. Remember, to each their own.

Bleh

Don't really get the interest in signature series guitars, much less ones that aren't anything special at all...its a silver special with aftermarket pickups

and besides that the idea of a signature instrument implies a bit of "honor" (even though its much more about marketing to people who will buy anything with someone elses name on it) and some people just don't deserve that IMO

there are plenty of much more talented musicians with much more unique instruments who should fill a list if there even needs to be one at all...I'd rather play my own and make them my own, I feel bad enough spending so much time playing someone elses tunes

Bleh

Don't really get the interest in signature series guitars' date=' much less ones that aren't anything special at all...its a silver special with aftermarket pickups

and besides that the idea of a signature instrument implies a bit of "honor" (even though its much more about marketing to people who will buy anything with someone elses name on it) and some people just don't deserve that IMO

there are plenty of much more talented musicians with much more unique instruments who should fill a list if there even needs to be one at all...I'd rather play my own and make them my own, I feel bad enough spending so much time playing someone elses tunes[/quote']My personal feeling on the situation is that Patrick is the most deserving and talented of anyone else in the band; he writes all the music and, I feel, is the most multi-talented of them all.

If anyone in that band deserves a signature guitar, it's Patrick.

I' date=' personally, would love to see this. I realize this idea isn't going to get a terrible warm reception, since Fall Out Boy is one of those bands that everyone has an opinion of. But, for those of us who play guitar and like Fall Out Boy, this could be a neat little guitar to add to our collections.

Patrick's been playing that Silver Gibson SG Special since forever, and he's the only member of the band who doesn't have a signature something (Joe has the Washburn Idol, Pete has the Squier P-bass, and Andy has signature drum sticks with Vic Firth :-).

My proposal would be an Epiphone G-400 in that silver color (the real name of the finish escapes me and it appears to be discontinued) with a full pickguard, probably with Patrick's pickup set of choice (Seymour Duncan says he uses the JB, Custom, and Distortion pickups, but I don't know if that's the case lately) and any other little tweaks he'd like.

It could possibly offer the niche of a G-400 with a set of nicer pickups in them straight from the factory. Plus, I'm sure a lot of people would like to get their hands on a guitar with that silver finish, seeing as Gibson doesn't make them anymore.

Pictures of his guitar:

One, Two

This is just a pipe dream, but I'd buy one, if not only for the finish and pickups. I have two SGs already, a Gibson and an Epiphone Goth.

Also, please don't post if you're just going to be rude or make fun of Fall Out Boy. Remember, to each their own.

Signature Drum Sticks... ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Whats next, "wear the underwear Fall-out-boy wears, get F.O.B. Signature Fruit Of The Looms!!" Not making fun of your band, just some of these companies take this whole "signature" thing a little too far, if you ask me. Kinda like the Z.W. Bullseye thing, probably a great guitar, not arguing that, just not something I'd buy just because Zakk plays one. Be your own boss, play your own guitar.

They need a buckethead signature studio first. Add all white hardware' date=' killswitch, and uncovered DiMarzio pickups, and a 24-fret neck. That's the next one I'd wanna see. Gibson, epiphone, or both.[/quote']

Not a bad idea. The problem is Bucketheads guitars are custom jobs and(because of his length) slightly bigger scaled. Which would pose a problem for a production serie. How authentic would you want the Sig to be?

Opinions regarding the validity of FOB notwithstanding, I have to agree that it'd probably be a neat idea to offer a G-400 in silver with the full PG. Heck, I'm getting sick if seeing nothing but black and cherry G-400s... it's about time they added to the palette of available colours. Let's see one in greenburst with gold hardware.

no one from fall out boy deserves a signature ANYTHING!!! (imho)

that was my original thought, but I understand the marketing behind it and would prefer to explain solid reasoning outside of detest for emo noise pollution

outside of marketing scam to kids who already have enough of a hard time thinking for themselves on what to like, I don't get the point, especially since the guitar in question is a special and not the standard the g400 is meant to mimick, so the cost of a new neck/inlay setup and adding someone elses pickups (and we've all seen what happens when a guitar maker adds aftermarket pickups)...price jack out the wazzoo, I'd rather pick and install my own on a better looking instrument, dot inlays on an SG just don't do it for me

they could always use the G310 I suppose...sure its plenty capable of FOB quality sound and playability :-

I agree the G400 should come in more colors, but aside from a blueburst I'd never buy an SG that wasn't cherry red or black (transparent would be badass) because that's just what looks right to me, don't even like the natural colored/brown ones at all

Tony Iommi, Zakk Wylde, Angus Young, and Gary Moore signatures all had some major changes to justfy them or at least intense recognition and pickups to "replicate" signature tones...hell even the Tom Delonge had a custom look (and I hate Blink 182 as much or more as FOB) and reintroduced the Dirty Fingers

a platinum special with black trim and some other companies pickups? that's just a yawnfest to me, but in the end it's just an opinion

that was my original thought' date=' but I understand the marketing behind it and would prefer to explain solid reasoning outside of detest for emo noise pollution

outside of marketing scam to kids who already have enough of a hard time thinking for themselves on what to like, I don't get the point, especially since the guitar in question is a special and not the standard the g400 is meant to mimick, so the cost of a new neck/inlay setup and adding someone elses pickups (and we've all seen what happens when a guitar maker adds aftermarket pickups)...price jack out the wazzoo, I'd rather pick and install my own on a better looking instrument, dot inlays on an SG just don't do it for me

they could always use the G310 I suppose...sure its plenty capable of FOB quality sound and playability :-

I agree the G400 should come in more colors, but aside from a blueburst I'd never buy an SG that wasn't cherry red or black (transparent would be badass) because that's just what looks right to me, don't even like the natural colored/brown ones at all

Tony Iommi, Zakk Wylde, Angus Young, and Gary Moore signatures all had some major changes to justfy them or at least intense recognition and pickups to "replicate" signature tones...hell even the Tom Delonge had a custom look (and I hate Blink 182 as much or more as FOB) and reintroduced the Dirty Fingers

a platinum special with black trim and some other companies pickups? that's just a yawnfest to me, but in the end it's just an opinion[/quote']

Techies got a FRIKKIN' GORGEOUS G400 with the flame veneer in Vintage Sunburst, the guy owns it threw on (literally) a Bigsby and it looks really badass! I'm thinkin' 450.00's a little steep for it, but it IS a looker!

Not a bad idea. The problem is Bucketheads guitars are custom jobs and(because of his length) slightly bigger scaled. Which would pose a problem for a production serie. How authentic would you want the Sig to be?

Epiphone already has proved it can do 25.5 scale/24 fret necks. They put one on the toni iommi G-400. They also have upgraded pickups, as well as different inlays.

Killswitch, dimarzio pickups, white hardware, whitewahsed paintjob, white uncovered pickup, no inlays.

I want the right neck, the right pups, everything where it should be and the right color, really.

I think if they could get it in at 500-600, that'd be perfect. The studio in white is 300. Double for all the improvements is more than fair IMO.

At first I was going to ask, Who the f**k is Patrick Stump or Fall Out Boy but I decided to

go give them a listen. And you know what? THEY SUCK! Another example of the myriad

of interchangeable high-gain no-talent bands.

At first I was going to ask' date=' Who the f**k is Patrick Stump or Fall Out Boy but I decided to

go give them a listen. And you know what? THEY SUCK! Another example of the myriad

of interchangeable high-gain no-talent bands. [/quote']

Yes they suck.

I think they suck too much to be interchanged with anyone.

Not sure about high gain...

No talent fer shure.

I think BJA deserves a signature junior.

Yeah, he's not the best, but nobody on earth will tell you that the junior is the best gibson instrument.

Simplicity in guitar, simplicity in music.

I still would rather see a buckethead signature than a Zakk wylde, really.

At first I was going to ask' date=' Who the f**k is Patrick Stump or Fall Out Boy but I decided to

of interchangeable high-gain no-talent bands. [/quote']

First time me and Ron see eye to eye. FOB is exactly a great example of the corprate crap bands of the late 2000's.

• 1 year later...

I'm not super big on the Signature models ether.. I mean.. Zakk is one of my fav guitarists.. but his guitar's look is a part of his brand, not mine..

I'll tell you what I would like though.. is a Frank Zappa signature SG.. He had a custom preamp built into it, with a parametric EQ, so he could tune to the room for feedback purposes.. Tell me that wouldn't be cool!

Patrick's been playing that Silver Gibson SG Special since forever' date=' and he's the only member of the band who doesn't have a signature something (Joe has the Washburn Idol, Pete has the Squier P-bass, and Andy has signature drum sticks with Vic Firth :P).[/quote']

Actually, he has a signature Gretsch Electromatic Corvette. It's silver with racing stripes, otherwise standard Corvette features, except it might have three pickups... I forget. It's called the Stumpomatic.

stumpomatic.jpg

I'm not a Fall Out Boy fan, but I'd play it. I wouldn't buy it, but I'd play it. If I were buying a Gretsch Corvette, I'd go with the G. Love in Philly Green.

As a song writer Patrick Stump has some good lyrics but as a guitarist he's nothing special. He may be good but he isnt the worlds greatest guitarist. For that matter no musician is because theyre playing isnt perfect. Each musician has their own talents praise them in which ever way is fit. but don't focus all you love of them on corporate greed. The music is important not what instrument he has.

Wrighty2012

They need a buckethead signature studio first. Add all white hardware' date=' killswitch, and uncovered DiMarzio pickups, and a 24-fret neck. That's the next one I'd wanna see. Gibson, epiphone, or both.[/quote']

As requested:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Buckethead-Signature-Les-Paul.aspx

Archived