Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Axcess

Wondo

yes' date=' these are starting to run now...not exactly sure when they'll hit stores, but it should be soon.[/quote']Well that makes my day #-o/ Do you know when the website will be updated with a link for the Axcess?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is a custom shop guitar. i don't have MSRP info at this time...soon hopefully.

austin_powers_mike_myers_as_dr_evil.jpg

One million dollars...muhhahahahhaa! Oh' date=' wait...one billion dollars..muhahahhaaahhaaaa![/b'] Hope not!

Well,

I am very glad that it is finally coming. I sure hope it is not priced out of range like the Neal Schon.

Admin,

My dealer never put in an order for these this year because he never really got any final word. Now that they are being made, does he still have time to put in an order? (Center City Music).

If I could only get some kind of compensation for the flawed Lifeson, it would make my purchase of the Axcess a very redeeming purchase!!

Well' date='

I am very glad that it is finally coming. I sure hope it is not priced out of range like the Neal Schon.

Admin,

My dealer never put in an order for these this year because he never really got any final word. Now that they are being made, does he still have time to put in an order? (Center City Music).

If I could only get some kind of compensation for the flawed Lifeson, it would make my purchase of the Axcess a very redeeming purchase!![/quote']

I'm not sure we're at a a point where we are taking orders for these yet, but Saul will absolutely be able to get them.

FWIW, the following prices were released at Winter NAMM.

LP Axcess Custom w/Floyd Rose Silverburst CH Floyd - MSRP $5880.00

LP Axcess Custom w/Floyd Rose Ebony CH Floyd - MSRP $5527.00

LP Axcess Custom w/Stopbar Silverburst Chrome - MSRP $5174.00

LP Axcess Custom w/Stopbar Ebony Chrome - MSRP $4939.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Floyd Rose Ice Tea Chrome - MSRP $5292.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Floyd Rose Ebony CH Floyd - MSRP $4939.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Stopbar Ice Tea Chrome - MSRP $4704.00

LP Axcess Standard w/Stopbar Ebony Chrome - MSRP $4351.00

I'm not sure we're at a a point where we are taking orders for these yet' date=' but Saul will absolutely be able to get them.[/quote']

Thank you. I guess I still have faith that the Custom Shop can deliver (even after the Lifeson fiasco). I guess I should, all my other guitars from the CS have been excellent.

With the Axcess on the verge of making it's debut, I've been looking closely at many photos of Alex Lifeson playing the prototypes and I noticed something: The ebony Custom model that I believe was the first one Alex got from Gibson, appears to have a completely flat top, whereas the Standard Iced-Tea one he picked up later looks carved more like a typical LP. Could just be the light on the glossy black finish, but from seeing that guitar up close at several concerts and all the photos I can find, I'd swear the top is flat. Alex has been playing mostly the Standard lately, I recall from an interview that he said the Custom was heavier so that's probably why. When I saw Rush in St. Paul on the second leg of the current tour He played the Custom only once, with the E string dropped to D, on Between the Wheels.

Admin, just out of curiosity, can you tell us anything about the prototypes vs. the final versions that will be released? Does Mr. Lifeson's ebony Custom have a flat top and was that later changed to the carved top? If so that would make that guitar a one-off and incredibly rare.

I'm not sure we're at a a point where we are taking orders for these yet' date=' but Saul will absolutely be able to get them.[/quote']

graaate.....ah, yah...great. No offense to that guy, old Mr. "Sharpie" on the ebony fretboard, "makes it new again". He'd cheap but not quite my most favorite dealer.

Hopefully, this will be open to all Gibson Custom dealers as well?

With the Axcess on the verge of making it's debut' date=' I've been looking closely at many photos of Alex Lifeson playing the prototypes and I noticed something: The ebony Custom model that I believe was the first one Alex got from Gibson, appears to have a completely flat top, whereas the Standard Iced-Tea one he picked up later looks carved more like a typical LP. Could just be the light on the glossy black finish, but from seeing that guitar up close at several concerts and all the photos I can find, I'd swear the top is flat. Alex has been playing mostly the Standard lately, I recall from an interview that he said the Custom was heavier so that's probably why. When I saw Rush in St. Paul on the second leg of the current tour He played the Custom only once, with the E string dropped to D, on Between the Wheels.

Admin, just out of curiosity, can you tell us anything about the prototypes vs. the final versions that will be released? Does Mr. Lifeson's ebony Custom have a flat top and was that later changed to the carved top? If so that would make that guitar a one-off and incredibly rare.[/quote']

the ebony guitar has a carved top like any other LP...

This is great news! However, how is that Musician's Friend is advertising it before Gibson has the guitar on their website? While I applaud Gibson for releasing the Axcess, I'm just surprised there's very little/no press to announce it's arrival...

This is great news! However' date=' how is that Musician's Friend is advertising it before Gibson has the guitar on their website? While I applaud Gibson for releasing the Axcess, I'm just surprised there's very little/no press to announce it's arrival...[/quote']Well Admin will have to tell us the real story behind MF already taking orders and nothing on the website yet if he can, I'm guessing Gibson must be ok with MF advertising them or else wouldn't they force MF to pull the Axcess off the website until officially released? As for why it's not on the Gibson website yet, that is surprising as rumor on the street is they are supposed to be shipping very soon. (just a rumor I heard from a trusted source, NOT official at all). If we are forced to guess why so quiet from Nashville, well my guess is that the Axcess is a pretty big deal for Gibson (it certainly is for me) and they want to come out with both barrels on this one without any issues that need to be revised or fixed.

Think of it, this guitar has the potential to revolutionize Gibson's status in the market as they will be going after a whole new crowd of whammy-barrin' axe slingers who never had the opportunity to have a real Les Paul with a factory-installed Floyd. I know there have been a few LPs with Floyds over the years, there are aftermarket installs, Japanese knockoffs with Floyd copies (I own one and it's actually pretty cool, but it has the standard neck-joint and I know the real thing will blow it away) and then there was the ridiculously expensive Neal Schon model, but nothing that has lasted to become a new icon axe that stays in production very long. The Axcess is a new breed that I can see staying in production for a while if it is received well out of the gate, maybe even migrate to USA and Epi models, unless Gibson decides it will strictly be a CS job for whatever reason. I would like to see it become available in more affordable avenues. The design is awesome and fresh, yet keeps the traditional LP well intact. IMO Gibson should make it so everybody would be able to afford such a great axe, not just those of us lucky enough to afford a CS model. Man I can't wait to open the case and play it for the first time.

I'm going with the Standard Ice-Tea for sure. The ebony Custom looks cool but I prefer them a bit lighter on the shoulder and in an interview Alex Lifeson stated his Custom Axcess was an anchor compared to his Standard.

C'mon Gibson, there must be a room full of these babies ready to go by now, put us out of our misery and let's see some pics and info on the website!!!

Admin any news you can share with us??

Actually, Staxman, I'm one of those who picked up a "ridiculously expensive" Neal Schon model...:-s and to be honest, it's as pricey as it is awesome to play....I still can't put it down!

I'm with you on the Standard Iced-Tea...the combo of the flametop and the floyd is jawdropping, and the new neck joint (if it's the same as the one on the Neal Schon) will be incredibly comfy...

Actually' date=' Staxman, I'm one of those who picked up a "ridiculously expensive" Neal Schon model...:-k and to be honest, it's as pricey as it is awesome to play....I still can't put it down!

I'm with you on the Standard Iced-Tea...the combo of the flametop and the floyd is jawdropping, and the new neck joint (if it's the same as the one on the Neal Schon) will be incredibly comfy...[/quote']Very cool to have a NS model! I have a Japanese knock-off with the sustainer and that with the Floyd is incredible. I can only imagine what the real thing must be like to play. By "ridiculously expensive" I was implying that very few could afford such a nice guitar, not that it wasn't worth the price. I looked for one for a while and could not find any available. Those who own them are holding on tight!

I'd be interested to hear the differences in the Axcess and the NS once you get to play both side by side. Looks like the Axcess body/neck is out of the same mold, just without the NS electronics package, so I'm guessing they will be pretty close except for the sustainer. How heavy is your NS?

Very cool to have a NS model! I have a Japanese knock-off with the sustainer and that with the Floyd is incredible. I can only imagine what the real thing must be like to play. By "ridiculously expensive" I was implying that very few could afford such a nice guitar' date=' not that it wasn't worth the price. I looked for one for a while and could not find any available. Those who own them are holding on tight!

I'd be interested to hear the differences in the Axcess and the NS once you get to play both side by side. Looks like the Axcess body/neck is out of the same mold, just without the NS electronics package, so I'm guessing they will be pretty close except for the sustainer. How heavy is your NS?[/quote']

It's heavy (~10.5 lbs), but actually not uncomfortable. I tend to play it standing up quite a bit, and I'm a small guy, and the weight doesn't bother me.

It's an unbelievably inspiring guitar to play, and I feel tremendously fortunate to have found one. I'm also anxious to play it head-to-head with an Axcess, to see if it is indeed a "stripped down" version of the NS...

For a quick video of me playing my NS, follow the link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2590N9OAVnI

It's heavy (~10.5 lbs)' date=' but actually not uncomfortable. I tend to play it standing up quite a bit, and I'm a small guy, and the weight doesn't bother me.

It's an unbelievably inspiring guitar to play, and I feel tremendously fortunate to have found one. I'm also anxious to play it head-to-head with an Axcess, to see if it is indeed a "stripped down" version of the NS...

For a quick video of me playing my NS, follow the link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2590N9OAVnI

[/quote']Cool video, those sustainers are a lot of fun to play around with.

OK here's a brain-twister: MF has just put the following notice on all 4 Axcess models they were listing: "Sorry, this model has been discontinued".

?????????

Gibson pulled the plug on the Axcess? (doubtful, why come this far and then nix it?)

Gibson pulled the plug on MF?

MF already got all the pre-orders for all guitars they were alloted?

My guess is # 3, but why call it "discontinued" unless it is a limited run and all of them are already sold out? Admin, any idea why MF is calling the Axcess discontinued?

Archived