Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD - '56 Gold Top To Me

BillyGibson

A friend and I went out for lunch yestday from work and stopped by Guitar Center.

They had an '04 1956 Reissue Gold Top that some just traded in a couple days earlier.

And it came with a SKB case that fits it like a glove. I've been GASSING for one of these

for a while. Of course I bought it - $350 total for both guitar and case.

Just got done admiring it, playing it and polishing it. The P90's are amazing. In fact, they're

legendary. The bridge pickup is so bright and the neck pickup adds some nice warmth. It's

an outstanding guitar. Too bad they are being discontinued.

I'm still laughing, because my wife called while we were driving. I told her Paul and I were having lunch

today. The first thing she said was, "your not buying another guitar are you"?. I said, actually I just did.

When I got home last night and showed it to her, she thought it was beautiful and seemed to understand

why I wanted one. I only have two now. This one and my Standard cherry burst LP. Both are fantastic.

By the way, Guitar Center seems to be taking on new interest in used instruments. They had a big sign out front advertising that they want used gear - maybe to help them through troubled times? I don't get much of an opportunity to go by there, but all the employees were very friendly. I was very impressed with the professionalism and their willingness to help.

$350 for the Gold Top AND the case?!?!?...........I'm jealous!

I called my closest GC (Birmingham Alabama) the day after I heard they were discontinued

and asked if they had a Goldie left, '56 P-90's or '57 Elitist, either one.

(my wife, who LOVES Les Pauls, WANTED me to buy 1 last year, but I bought a G-V Factor instead)

The managers reply was..........nope, sold our last 1 yesterday, and we won't be getting any more. :P

Now my wife is snickering @ me, with an "I TOLD you to buy it" look in her eye, as I pine away for 1. :^o

I'm now officially on the hunt for a Gold Top, '56, '57, or even the new "Slash" Gold Top if I can't find another

before our tax return comes in next year.

If anyone here runs across one @ a reasonable price, PM me and let me know PLEASE !

(I can't stand my wifes giggling much longer)

HNGD for sure.. nice deal on a nice guitar!

GC is sending out email questionaires about used stuff. Followed up with a 10% off coupon, apparently if you fill out the

form.

I don't take it too seriously. If they are having any problems economy wise I doubt they'll be offering more than music stores

traditionally do for used gear.. which has always been a rip in most cases.

TWANG

A friend and I went out for lunch yestday from work and stopped by Guitar Center.

They had an '04 1956 Reissue Gold Top that some just traded in a couple days earlier.

And it came with a SKB case that fits it like a glove. I've been GASSING for one of these

for a while. Of course I bought it - $350 total for both guitar and case.

Now that is a lunch! HNGD!

I just took a couple pictures and I cannot figure out how to post. I searched too, to see how to do it. I must be too old... or just not technical enough. If someone can help, I'd like to post a picture.

GC must not have been into for too much, to seel it for that. I feel like a kid again. I can't stop grinning.

Goldie keeps wanting to go out and play and she gets jealous when I take out another guitar. She even worked her way into my avatar...

Congrats on your new guitar purchase. My wife thought Goldie was too plain. She likes my custom flametop better and even likes my natural ash strat better than Goldie. I think she's jealous, too.

Goldie keeps wanting to go out and play and she gets jealous when I take out another guitar. She even worked her way into my avatar...

Congrats on your new guitar purchase. My wife thought Goldie was too plain. She likes my custom flametop better and even likes my natural ash strat better than Goldie. I think she's jealous' date=' too.

[/quote']

I kinda think that I'm jealous...

GC

Archived