Gibson Brands Forums

new bigsby and vibramte adaptor and pics..

TWANG

I just got some pics and thought I'd show you guys this new Adaptor from WD..

you can see they are the new WD and the vibramate.. two different guitars shown.

no messing around with new holes on the WD new one for archtops..

or the vibramate

wdnewbigsbyadaptor.jpg

wdnewvibramateadaptor.jpg

TWANG

pics will go larger if you open them seperately.

That's the classy way to go IMO......it just looks "finished"....or stock which is the point,but Twang did an excellent job as well IMO. Hey dumb question ,but does the adapter add height to the bigsby since it's essentially a plate that the standard Bigsby sits on right?

That's the classy way to go IMO......it just looks "finished"....or stock which is the point' date='but Twang did an excellent job as well IMO. Hey dumb question ,but does the adapter add height to the bigsby since it's essentially a plate that the standard Bigsby sits on right?[/quote']

Yeah it does, but not too much. It doesn't seem to be too bad on the 335, but some of the pics I've seen of it on a Les Paul put it up a little too high on the end of the B5 for me, because of the curve of the body. It worksbetter on a flat surface.

http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v5.html

These are new to me.. and my guy is checking on price.

I'm going to call him in the am and check prices and relay all your questions.

brand new so he wasn't sure about some things either.

that's his own stromberg there...

it will please you all to know he's as nuts as we are about working on his guitars. *G*

I'm sure the vibramate is going to cost more than the other. I don't know by how much.

thanks lay.. I thought mine looked pretty good, too.

TWANG

I'm getting a pic of the new Klusons installed on a guitar, too.. I'll relay that later on.

Josef.

they haven't got it on website yet.. In fact, when I talked to them, they hadn't decided on a price yet. they're going to let me know.

I may find out today, I have to make a call to them.. I'll post as soon as I know.

TWANG

The ZZ model.. on the black guitar. isn't priced yet, or in full production. They're working on getting the info up and seeing what they

can do about all the different styles of semi hollows, etc.

It wont be on the website for a bit.. but I'll let you know as soon as possible.

I know the vibramate works on a B5. and dang I forgot to ask about the B50. I will though.

Josef I'll email for another pic..

I got to yakkin' and spaced out some questions sorry.. you know how it is, two mod freaks blabbin away so one of them is bound to space out.

I'm all tweaked up on this adaptor business. I just have to go out and make one myself. *G*

tWANG

Twang,

Yer a sod!!! As much as I'm loving your thread and the fact you a man with bigger cahounahs than I, for trying your own modifications your causing a great deal of Gas in my house! My missus although she likes the Gretsch Black Falcon c/w Bigsby she has informed me that if I try anything towards the gretsch she'd be more than happy to perform the amputation for free without anesthetic ...

So after watching your thread, I'm now looking at a DOT335 to carry out the same manoeuvre to get as close to a gretsch as poss....

Damn You Twang!!!

(P.S Keep up the good work!! Great thread by the way!:- =D> )

28, I am very happy to destroy your happy home..

Why should I be the only one being screamed at?

Misery loves company..

and besides.. you know as well as me, we drown out the shouts with guitar playing in the end anyway!

I may be doing the sheraton, too.. I just have to find me some gold aluminum. *L*

josef.. I'll find out asap!

TWANG

As I understand it, aluminum is hard to paint. something about it chemically reacting. for instance you can't spray paint your aluminum

car wheels, it wont stay.

Also, I think getting that gold over metal look out of paint would be pretty tough.

TWANG

"The ZZ adaptor is the one used on the black Monterey.It must be ordered for specific models,as the lengths vary from guitar to guitar.

This fits the B50 Bigsby.Tone is noticeably increased by it's attachment to the end block as well as the stop tailpiece anchors.

The Vibramate on the red Monterey is universal,as it's only attachment point is the stop tailpiece anchors.This uses a B5 Bigsby.The tone is neither increased nor decreased.It stays the same as with the stop tailpiece.

The ZZ is the heavier of the two,but neither weighs much.The ZZ is available in nickle and gold.The Vibramate is only available in natural.cast aluminum.The Vibramate on the red Monterey has been painted semi flat black.It seems to go well with the guitar's gold hardware and black plastic trim.

We're working on adding these to the website,but it may be a week more wait.I'll try totake more pix of the guitars."

TWANG

As I understand it' date=' aluminum is hard to paint. something about it chemically reacting. for instance you can't spray paint your aluminum

car wheels, it wont stay.

Also, I think getting that gold over metal look out of paint would be pretty tough.

TWANG[/quote']

One can paint airplanes and aluminum siding, so I think it may be a matter of how obnoxious the paint has to be that will work. If I'm not mistaken, oil-based paints are just about illegal in California for health issues. I'll bet it requires an oil-based paint.

Archived