Gibson Brands Forums

Brought home my 3rd Epi!

Guest alanhindle

Smmmmmmmokin'

To me, that's what the finish on a Gibson Les Paul BFG should have looked like.

Did you find it new or used?

Alan

BTW You seem to have the same taste in guitars as I do.

1999. how do u like the epi jr cabinet set-up? thinking about one in the distant future. have a line 6 spider valve 15 -15 watt. really nice with effects. trying to get info.

what pedals do u use with it?

The amp sounds decent, and does it's job very well. When cranked it sounds amazing, but I prefer playing at lower volumes when at home, and this amp seems to be very dark out of the box. It has way too much low end sound for my taste, even the new axe with the single coils can rattle my entire house at half volume. I'm currently searching sewatt.com for mods, looking at adding a tone pot, and possibly a gain boost...

I use a Ibanez tube screamer and a wah most of the time, with a couple Dean pedals that I got for free with an older purchase.

Just an update, I did the JP1 mod to my Valve Jr. last night, and it is easily the simplest mod you could possibly do with amazing results. If you own this amp, look up the tutorial on youtube, and enjoy! Didn't cost a cent, had it completed within 15 minutes (working slowly), and it made the natural tone of the amp perfect to my ear.

Give it a shot, it can be easily reversed!

Archived