Gibson Brands Forums

Would you believe this ?

Big Norm

I don't know if its just me' date=' but it sound rudicilous to pay that much for a strap. It represent about 25% of the price of the guitar.. :-)[/i']

Have a look here !

That looks suspiciously like a $150 Vox Python reissue strap (like Lennon had on his Rickenbacker 325)...Epiphone must completely own this Slash joker...they are exploiting him to the max and as far as I'm concerned his fifteen minutes were over fifteen years ago...but there's always someone who hangs on to their past and then try to re-live it by still wanting crap endorsed by over and done with rock stars...and Epiphone is right there to take their money..

OK I got a better look at it...it's more studs than scales...and looks like the same strap my stuck in the 70's band mate uses and has used at least since the early 80's on his V...maybe I'll offer him a few bucks and then sell it on E Bay as an authentic used by Slash in the 70's...or something...

I just offered the guy six bucks if he'll ship it for free...we shall see...=P~

Mr.Nelson

Well, that one is "studded," and the Vox Python strap was layered in chrome/stainless roundish "shingles" in groups of 4, somewhat like a snake skin might be. Also, the Python strap had a narrower portion toward the back with a buckle, and a metal ring, with a narrow strip

at the opposite (front) end.

V822-large.jpg

CB

Well' date=' that one is "studded," and the Vox Python strap was layered in chrome/stainless roundish "shingles" in groups of 4, somewhat like a snake skin might be. Also, the Python strap had a narrower portion toward the back with a buckle, and a metal ring, with a narrow strip

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/V822-large.jpg[/img]

CB

Yes, I know <S>...the first photo I saw was a small blurry one that I couldn't make the shapes out...I later corrected my post.. I guess the guy didn't accept my offer of six bucks...oh, well maybe next time..

Mr.Nelson

That looks suspiciously like a $150 Vox Python reissue strap (like Lennon had on his Rickenbacker 325)...Epiphone must completely own this Slash joker...they are exploiting him to the max and as far as I'm concerned his fifteen minutes were over fifteen years ago...but there's always someone who hangs on to their past and then try to re-live it by still wanting crap endorsed by over and done with rock stars...and Epiphone is right there to take their money.

Epiphone must own Slash. And his fame was up the minute he left GNR. They are a band in name only now as far as I`m concerned. Now that he`s clean and sober he`s all over VH-1 as some expert on rock and roll.

I never paid mopre than 20 bucks for a guitar strap. And I have to buy bigger ones coz I`m a big guy. I have the strap that came with my 1971 tele, but it`s so small on me. Just sitting in a drawer.

I don't know if its just me' date=' but it sound rudicilous to pay that much for a strap. It represent about 25% of the price of the guitar.. :-)[/i']

Have a look here !

Hey, if it has to do with Slash, who knows HOW much someone will pay.

It looks like a dog collar for rotweilers to me.

(I don't know how to spell that breed, and it has a dotted red line under it.)

Well' date=' that one is "studded," and the Vox Python strap was layered in chrome/stainless roundish "shingles" in groups of 4, somewhat like a snake skin might be. Also, the Python strap had a narrower portion toward the back with a buckle, and a metal ring, with a narrow strip

[img']http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq333/charliebrown1949/V822-large.jpg[/img]

CB

The Godzilla skin look. I don't like it either.

I don't think that "offer" has anything to do with Slash or Epiphone. It's just the guy trying to sell the strap that came with the guitar for some serious dough.

A rip off if you ask me' date=' but that's just me.

[/quote']

That's what I tought....

Archived