Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Slide Player?

brad1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all great slide player without a doubt.

The strange thing is that I have heard that the best slide guitarist that Lynrd Skynrd and the Alman bothers band's have ever heard was Tom Keifer. You may know him from the 80's band, Cinderella. The dude can play some slide guitar and has been onstage with both bands I mentioned. Goes to show you, you never know where the talent comes from.

Doth

How to turn a pop song into a real blues!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kj6tj6H67A&feature=related

Great link, but not on account of Brian's slide playing. This video is the first evidence I've come across, which indicates that Keith Richards wasn't always cool. LOL, it looks as though he wanted to lay an egg! He's definitely come a long way since then.

What --- nobody's mentioned Robert Randolph yet???? He is a MONSTER!

Derek Trucks, Robert Randolph, David Lindley, Bonnie Raitt, and an Indian player named Brijbhusan Kabra who plays classical Indian music on an acoustic archtop quitar with a slide.

What --- nobody's mentioned Robert Randolph yet???? He is a MONSTER!

Derek Trucks' date=' Robert Randolph, David Lindley, Bonnie Raitt, and an Indian player named Brijbhusan Kabra who plays classical Indian music on an acoustic archtop quitar with a slide.[/quote']

Guess I'm nobody?....look up!

I don't know if I'd put him up with the best of the best but I love listening to George Thorogood slide.

- Shaun

Thorogood was "good" enough to be invited to be a Rolling Stone.

My favorite slide players, Duane, Joe Walsh, and Waddy Watchel.

Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty". The slide work was David Lindley on steel if you can count a steel player as a slide guitarist. He also did Dobro and acoustic slide. Really great slide work on that song.

My favorite current players are Warren Haynes and Derrick Trucks (when he's not playing the off the wall stuff).

I gotta agree with all the other greats that have been listed...but in thinking back to the back seat of a '67 GTO, trying to get farther than 2nd base, listening to the 8 track playing Bad Finger's 'Day after Day', Pete Ham didn't do to bad on slide either. Hell might even have helped get me to 3rd base that night!=D>

Capt

Archived