Gibson Brands Forums

P93 on eBay **UPDATE** Sold For $830

Ron G

Remembering the discussion about whether these guitars were gonna command premium prices after new stock was sold out. Even though there are guys who wish they had pulled the trigger when they had the chance, they don't regret is so much as to overpay for a used one.

Original auction was $849/$999

Now: P93 Relist (Click)

Nice looking guitar, and probably sounds good too. But for me, 3 P90s is overkill. I don't know why anyone would need 3 of them. And aesthetically speaking, I think it would look better with just 2.

Nice looking guitar' date=' and probably sounds good too. But for me, 3 P90s is overkill. I don't know why anyone would need 3 of them. And aesthetically speaking, I think it would look better with just 2. [/quote']

After having missed the opportunity to get the Zephyr with P90's, this was compensation (or rationalization). I don't mind 3P90's, but I don't use a Bigsby.

brad wrote:

Nice looking guitar, and probably sounds good too. But for me, 3 P90s is overkill. I don't know why anyone would need 3 of them. And aesthetically speaking, I think it would look better with just 2.

Brad, the middle pickup is wired in reverse (like a strat) so you can get those "in-between" sounds from the neck/middle or middle/bridge pickup combinations, only with the thick punch of P-90's instead of those thin-sounding Fender single coils. My Carlo Robelli ES-500 (basically the same as the Zephyr Blues Deluxe) has the same combination, and it's very useful. The reverse wiring also helps reduce the P-90 hum when using multiple pickups.

i like most here thought this guy was loney. i have the p93 and thinks it is great. looks great and plays great. but, i am a newbie and thus my opinion of great is minor league compare to others here.

but, something weird happend on friday. a few days past i decided to strip 3 of the gits i have down to really give them a nice cleaning and shine everything up. new strings and all. well newbie forgot to mark bridges for height and dang it, all 3 where rininging like bells at the 12th fret on the 4,5,6 string.

ok, i toke all 3 in to get them setup. well friday was p93's turn. as the tech was tuning. it caught the eye of everyone in the store. no biggy, it is very nice looking.

now, this is the weird part. i customer inquired about the price. the tech directed him to me. he was looking for a git with p90's and had a prs-1500.00-in his had. when i told him the price of the p93, he was floored. he thought it was a grand easy. he stayed long enough to hear the tech play it. he was again floored. he stated again he would have paid 1000 or more for such a great sounding and looking guitar. not very keen on bigsby though.

i told him to look for it on gc and mf late march. but, i hope it does not comeback out. This guitar is a winner and i am happy i got one!!!!!

there coming back in March I know this for a fact, and there comin out for 499.99 check it out and make the phone call if ya need to , Im just a college student and when i got on this forum to find out what was goin on with thses guits I was F@#$n amazed that no one here has checked there resources or actually tried to call epiphone.............. i did heres my storyhttp://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=7941

Archived