Gibson Brands Forums

Brad's Blue Beast

matiac

Hey Brad, I gotta tell you that that guitar in your avvy is quite attractive. It reminds me of a certain stringed instrument that is also very Blue. Blue happens to be my favorite color for a guitar, particularly a Les Paul. I also especially dig the SMOKIN' flamed maple veneer your guitar sports, very nice indeed.

Hey Brad' date=' I gotta tell you that that guitar in your avvy is quite attractive. It reminds me of a certain stringed instrument that is also very Blue. Blue happens to be my favorite color for a guitar, particularly a Les Paul. I also especially dig the SMOKIN' flamed maple veneer your guitar sports, very nice indeed.[/quote']DSC00104-1.jpg

DSC00096-1.jpg Thanks Matiac/G&F! I got it during your absence and posted pics. So thanks also for the excuse to post some more.8-[ It's a '97 Unsung. I like it, but need to buy new pickups. They don't sound anything like the stock pups in my '06 G400. They must go. And I may get new knobs. Anyways, thanks again, and glad to have you back around.

I knew you'd like the color! =D>

That was one of the first things I did was swap pickups for a set out of a circa '70's Gibson SG ("T-tops") with covers removed to keep the Classic look, and gold screws to set them off from the rest of the guitar. And I gotta tell ya, difference between stock and these pickups is like night and day, totally different sounding (WAY better) guitar. But yeah, I've always liked a blue guitar of any type, this Lester is my 5th blue one...I just seem to gravitate toward blue.

You know guys im with you on this blue thing!

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1629.jpg

I was just wondering how you like the Line 6 amp? I have the same one and I love it. I just thought it had alot of cool effects for the money. The only thing I didn't like was having to buy the pedal seperately. I think it should have come with it, but then again I always want alot for my money.

I do like all of the line 6 features however, I think the tone of the marshall zakk wylde microstack has a better tone. I find the line 6 to be a little to flat and digitized sound in the clean setting. the settings with gain or distortion are great. and I love the fact that i can go from a blues or twang setting to a ear melting rock and high gain tone. for clean tones I play on my roland Jazz Chorus 50w amp. The clean tones just roll off that amp like butter. right now my line 6 amp is for sale or trade for that zakk wylde microstack.

Hey Parabar, those are some rather delectable pieces of eyecandy you have there...especially the one in the middle. Oh, by the way, the Mutual admiration society thread's over in the lounge, aint nobody been there yet.](*,)

Archived