Gibson Brands Forums

I got it badddd, its worse than crack.....................

sledge57

I've developed serious wood for a Wildkat, this is beyond GAS.................. I want one bad.

So...... I've been looking and watching etc figuring I probably won't find what I really want.

So my brother calls me and says he found a "Kat" at on of the local stores, natural color. I tell him I'm not buying another natural finish guitar, one's enough.

I mean I like the looks of mine but 1 blond is plenty, I need a redhead or some other exotic creature.

He proceeds to play it and tell me how awesome it is (I can hear it on the phone and it still sounds good over a krappy phone.

So I tell him I'll look at it when I get home Friday ($500 for this one)

Get to my room check my email and a guy I have contacted tells me he just got another "Kat" in, Tiger Eye finish (he had 4 others in natural finish)

Sent me pics and tells me $400 with shipping......... It'll be here Friday.

This time the wife might really hurt me as I still haven't sold the PRS I promised I'd sell when I bought the Sheri (it's going up for sale this week)

(This is not the guitar in my other post)

So here's my new obsession....................

my-kat4.jpg

my-kat5.jpg

my-kat3.jpg

my-kat2.jpg

So the picture in your avatar is actually YOU after your wife has hit you with the PRS? ;-)

If mine has asked me once, she's asked me a hundred times "What do you need more than one guitar for?". It's a question that cannot be answered.

Congrats on you new guitar. Cheers.

Get to my room check my email and a guy I have contacted tells me he just got another "Kat" in' date=' Tiger Eye finish (he had 4 others in natural finish)

Sent me pics and tells me $400 with shipping......... It'll be here Friday.

[/quote']

I'm envious. This the only wildkat(besides the LE in white) I was gassing for. Congrats! Pics please.

That guitar is a BEAUTY!! I really like it. I think I'm starting to develope a "thing" for hollowbodies.

I'll never understand why some wives have such a problem with their man having more than one (or two) guitars...or whatever. Ok, if the budget is tight, sure. But aside from that, WTF? How many pairs of shoes does your wife own? hehe.

For me, the trade off is kitchen appliances. I get another guitar...she gets a KitchenAid mixer. I get to buy a bunch of mods for a guitar, she gets some Henkell knives (the good ones)...and so on and so forth. It all about compromise. Its there somewhere...she just doesnt know it yet :D

Archived