Gibson Brands Forums

Finally got my new guitar SG Prophecy GX

FoxRacing1653

D@MN!!! That is one BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!!!! You must NEVER be allowed to

play it, only open the case once a year to allow paying customers to view

it. Where did you buy it?

I've done some checking on fretwire materials, it IS possible to obtain "Gold"

fretwire. That is the ONLY thing I see that would take it to an even higher level

than it currently is. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME....

D@MMIT! NOW I'M EXPERIENCING ONE OF THE 7 DEADLY SINS - "ENVY"!

I WANT ONE, TOO!!!!!

Hello Fox,

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but as a compliment. I am not a big fan of SG's. But this is a guitar that I would be proud to own. The quilt is gorgeous. And I too, see George. You have to let us know how it plays when you get a chance.

Doth

Are you reflected three times in the first and last pictures' date=' or do you have two friends with the same haircut?[/quote']

Those are the "paying customers" I spoke of - as you can see by the first

picture, they've already given him a watch and 2 pens just to behold the

magnificence of this guitar...

Hello Fox' date='

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but as a compliment. I am not a big fan of SG's. But this is a guitar that I would be proud to own. The quilt is gorgeous. And I too, see George. You have to let us know how it plays when you get a chance.

Doth[/quote']

I was struck by the attractiveness of this guitar when it first came out, but it seems like someone claimed the veneer to be one of those photograph-type veneers (Epiphone quickly made it clear that it IS actual wood). I wasn't sure about those dirty fingers pickups, though.

Anyone know of a video or wav file of this guitar in action?

I was struck by the attractiveness of this guitar when it first came out' date=' but it seems like someone claimed the veneer to be one of those photograph-type veneers (Epiphone quickly made it clear that it IS actual wood). I wasn't sure about those dirty fingers pickups, though.

Anyone know of a video or wav file of this guitar in action?[/quote']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MjpwC-98o

Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul GX edition is the only one i could find and theres various people on youtube with this guitar you can look up=

D@MN!!! That is one BEAUTIFUL GUITAR!!!! You must NEVER be allowed to

play it' date=' only open the case once a year to allow [u']paying customers [/u]to view

it. Where did you buy it?

I've done some checking on fretwire materials, it IS possible to obtain "Gold"

fretwire. That is the ONLY thing I see that would take it to an even higher level

than it currently is. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME....

D@MMIT! NOW I'M EXPERIENCING ONE OF THE 7 DEADLY SINS - "ENVY"!

I WANT ONE, TOO!!!!!

i purchased it from a local dealer "Guitars ETC." here in Tucson, AZ $550 for the guitar vs. $650 (guitar center) after tax it was around $595.

Archived