Gibson Brands Forums

Is it really worth that much?

Guitar Chico

This is clearly a "What were they thinking?" moment. They are positioning this as a collectible. Well, there are things that come to pass in this world that I don't quite understand. But how many REALLY collectible ESPs are there out there? Just because I make something in limited quantities and sell it for big bucks doesn't make it collectible. GET REAL! And, oh yeah, Cheers.

This is clearly a "What were they thinking?" moment. They are positioning this as a collectible. Well' date=' there are things that come to pass in this world that I don't quite understand. But how many REALLY collectible ESPs are there out there? Just because I make something in limited quantities and sell it for big bucks doesn't make it collectible. GET REAL! And, oh yeah, Cheers.[/quote']

In addition who would have 10K to drop on an ESP in an economy that is failing?

The funny thing about that is that it isn't even available yet and it's already on clearance...

GC

#-o[-( [-( [-( [-(

Rather mezzzzed-up marketing technique...

I think I would agree with the decimal point placement error - should be $99.99,

(on Clearance, of course...).

Why are we starting to see these loser guitars being thrown out to the masses? Gibby's

"bunch-holes" gits, Zacky's "target on a git", now this?

8-[[-( [-( [-( [-(

Rather mezzzzed-up marketing technique...

I think I would agree with the decimal point placement error - should be $99.99' date='

(on Clearance, of course...).

Why are we starting to see these loser guitars being thrown out to the masses? Gibby's

"bunch-holes" gits, Zacky's "target on a git", now this?[/quote]

Give the people what they want...LET THEM EAT CAKE!!! Sorry, Vicodin moment. Hey, my spell-checker says that narcotic painkiller is spelled wrong, hmm...my spell-checker know sumpin I don't? Let's see...Vikeohdin, nope, that aint right either. Ah well c'est l' vie! Did I spell that right? Spell-checker says I did.

Having reviewed the specs, I would say that that guitar should be priced around the $800 mark (because it comes with a case).

If it were a Gibson, I would say maybe similar price to the Zak Wylde LP could be justified which is a rip-off but still under $5000.

Look out for it in next years sales because I really dont see many people buying that one!

Archived