Gibson Brands Forums

HOW TO IMPROVE ANY HOLLOW BODY...any...

joeluck

OK a longgg time ago I was sitting with some people at the Samick guitar place in Gallatin and got the idea of hollowing out a guitar; but, acoustically by values- Each part of the wood/surface area resonates at different rates..

They wanted something different, but I was not an engeneer-just knew about vibration and tone from someone in Ca. long ago that Cynthia Basinett tried to get me to learn from who is a master guitar craftsman and set up guy...they took the idea.... I had to go on assignment and didn't find out until much later.

Now I have more ideas and applied it; but, darn well want to be PAID for my idea/s...with people who actually know how to protect it...and this is not the first time an idea has been used without pay on a few other products...it is simply how my mind works. I got all of a 300$ bonus at the Franklin Mint for comming up with a gold and silver recovery method...whoopie....

Anyone know someone IN THE BUSINESS-trustworthy, as they are set up-you know what I mean....it cost too much to patent now. The system, like government, is NOT CONDUSIVE for the average citizen to profit....I have not seen it to date in my lifetime anyway.

OK a longgg time ago I was sitting with some people at the Samick guitar place in Gallatin and got the idea of hollowing out a guitar; but' date=' acoustically by values- Each part of the wood/surface area resonates at different rates..

They wanted something different, but I was not an engeneer-just knew about vibration and tone from someone in Ca. long ago that Cynthia Basinett tried to get me to learn from who is a master guitar craftsman and set up guy...they took the idea.... I had to go on assignment and didn't find out until much later.

Now I have more ideas and applied it; but, darn well want to be PAID for my idea/s...with people who actually[b'] know how to protect it...and this is not the first time an idea has been used without pay on a few other products...it is simply how my mind works. I got all of a 300$ bonus at the Franklin Mint for comming up with a gold and silver recovery method...whoopie....[/b]

Anyone know someone IN THE BUSINESS-trustworthy, as they are set up-you know what I mean....it cost too much to patent now. The system, like government, is NOT CONDUSIVE for the average citizen to profit....I have not seen it to date in my lifetime anyway.

WHAT???

IN THE BUSINESS-trustworthy' date='

[/quote']

I think thats an oxymoron. Its going to have to be patented eventually, or you WILL lose it....if the idea is good and people want it, that is.

You may have to take out a loan to do the research and patenting. Or find an investor and legaly bind him to keep it under wraps. But thats probably costly as well.

I actually understand the OP completely.

What the OP is suggesting as his 'idea' has been done before many times though. In fact it could be easily argued that all acoustic instruments use this principle in one manner or another. Unless you've got some kind of specific design or device - no patent for you.

And you can't trust anyone in the music business. Or any business. Or even anyone not in business.

What the OP is suggesting as his 'idea' has been done before many times though. In fact it could be easily argued that all acoustic instruments use this principle in one manner or another. Unless you've got some kind of specific design or device - no patent for you.

And you can't trust anyone in the music business. Or any business. Or even anyone not in business.

You can patent it if you improve on the idea, thus overiding the current patent. Build a better mousetrap, as it were...

If you work there, you signed a proprietary agreement that said anything you invent while you are employed becomes the intellectual property of the company. Sucks, but it's corporate life. I've been hit there twice for software I wrote. And, I'm not a software engineer. They used my program, distributed it worldwide (internally), and just said "thank you".

Gibson and Epiphone NYC, luthiers used to tap and shave different areas of the carved top for better resonance. Violin makers do this as standard practice.

I agree with you that the OP, even if he had the money to apply for a patent,

would have a hard time getting it granted.

as far as trusting..there are these "companies" that advertise on tv..

"Inventors..let us develop your invention for you"..1-800 number.

Not sure if they are legit or just another opportunity to seize an idea from

someone.

If you work there' date=' you signed a proprietary agreement that said anything you invent while you are employed becomes the intellectual property of the company. Sucks, but it's corporate life. I've been hit there twice for software I wrote. And, I'm not a software engineer. They used my program, distributed it worldwide (internally), and just said "thank you".[/quote']

Uh... Dave..you probably got a dollar from the company for any inventions you might

come up while in their employ. I remember getting $1 after signing an agreement

to the same.

I'm not sure if that principle still applies today , maybe they have found

a legal way not to give you the dollar and you still have to sign to get the job.

Looking for someone "Trustworthy, and set up"(if we know what you mean)..........

Almost sounds like you're looking for someone to invest(give you money) without keeping any records or telling anyone...............#-o

Can I can I PLEASE????????? let ME be the 1st pigeon, oops, i mean "Investor" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust No One!

tin-foil-hat-conspiracy-theory.jpg

well, i'd trust my gastroenterologist... without him, i probably wouldn't have graduated high school (or at least i wouldn't have been able to meet my full potential in high school... i'd probably have been able take low level classes just because i can handle all the "normal" high school classes with both hands tied behind my back... but no, i had to get my crohn's disease to go into remission so i could take CALCULUS and ADVANCED PHYSICS...)

So... there's one person to trust...

politicians on the other hand...

well, seems like people are seeing the light there. just go to a town hall meeting and listen to what people are saying....

If you work there' date=' you signed a proprietary agreement that said anything you invent while you are employed becomes the intellectual property of the company. Sucks, but it's corporate life. I've been hit there twice for software I wrote. And, I'm not a software engineer. They used my program, distributed it worldwide (internally), and just said "thank you".[/quote']

I didn't even get so much as that at my company.

I realized a faster and better way for inventory control and they took the idea and implemented it. They didn't say squat to me.

I didn't mind them using my ideas, but a 'thank you' would have been in order.

Archived