Gibson Brands Forums

Recieved my ES-339

Steven Tari

It came this afternoon. I took it to my room where I have a Epiphone Practice amp amd put her thru some heavy handed investigative playing. As soon as I strapped it on, It felt like it was made for me. I love the 30/60 neck, the weight is perfect, And for you guys who were laughing when I called the case storage area a "Pocket". Well so does Gibson. There's a card tied to the guitar case Telling me my Gibson card of Authitisety is in the case Pocket. I'll get pictures and sound's up when I can. My computers down and I'm useing my wife's laptop for now and it don't have to many frills. I'm very happy and amazed what a fine guitar this is. I'll take it out to the garage tomorrow to my Peavey Transtube Supreme w/4-12 and have some more fun putting her thru the paces. [thumbup]

PS You guys were right it was worth the wait. [blush]

Looking forward to the treats as promised!

Pardon my ignorance but what is a 30/60 neck?

I picked this up from one of the Quotes on the 30/60 neck I liked best.

Simply put, this neck is similar to the neck shape that Gibson began offering on some guitars back in 1960, which has since come to be known as a 1960’s Slim Profile Neck. But the 30/60 Neck is .030 of an inch thicker from front to back, all the way up the neck, and is now being referred to as a 1960’s Slim-Neck Plus. The “Plus” is of course the .030 of an inch thicker neck. This gives one the advantage of a lightning fast modern style guitar neck, but with the increased sustain that is traditionally associated with a guitar that has a thicker neck.

Nothing against the 339 but you hit the real reason I'm very, very happy for you: You said it fits you in every way.

You're a lucky picker. A very lucky picker. I think a lot of guitar players never really feel they have an instrument that seems entirely a part of themselves.

m

339: Ultimate in the guitar. Smaller size than a 339, bigger than an LP, and very versatile tones. I too feel that the guitar is almost made for me. My "dream" guitar is a little different, but overall, that is the closest I can get in production guitars. Post pictures man!

PS, Pelham Blue 339s are full of GAS [scared]

Archived