Gibson Brands Forums

New Recordings...

Silenced Fred

I liked it, sounded good to me.. [thumbup]

My favorite is falling rock... something about being in the Colorado mountains called out to me, and I just started playing that. I haven't changed the song since I first wrote it.

It's got this chill vibe to it, with a bluegrass feel

Nice job Freddy boy....sounds real nice. I liked both pieces you have up there. Thank you for sharing your tunes man!

Scenes is really just chords... I have to put the vocals in.

I figured I can yell at people, have people yell at me sometimes now and again

[thumbup] Very cool Fred!!!! Falling Rock was my favourite too..........Keep it up! [thumbup]

Thanks, since the other song is really just chords, if anyone says they like that one more... I might be insulted [unsure]

Hopefully getting some more up today and getting lyrics done. All being done between writing two articles for the paper, and trying to do an interview over the phone while having my parents bug me about yardwork, etc...

Is it a USB mic or did you use an interface?

USB, they retail for 150, but can be found new on Amazon or eBay for 100. I bought mine from Amazon, as a package it came with some decent headphones and a pop filter ( I don't want any pop music playing into my mic [flapper] ) for 140 shipped.

I recommend it, great quality, and it has 4 different mic patterns you can use.

Eventually, I want to get a better rig set up, but for now, this is working great.

Nathan...

You're doing well. Just don't let pickin' and school newspaper mess up classwork - as I did a long time ago.

BTW, any relationship to the late actor/singer/songwriter/picker Hamilton Camp?

m

Nathan...

You're doing well. Just don't let pickin' and school newspaper mess up classwork - as I did a long time ago.

BTW, any relationship to the late actor/singer/songwriter/picker Hamilton Camp?

m

Nope. Nothing that I am aware of at least...

BTW, to anyone on here, do you think I should add vocals to Falling Rock or leave it as an instrumental?

Archived