Gibson Brands Forums

a few questions about new Forum

saturn

While looking at my own profile, I noticed a few things.

What is this Reputation and how is it scored? Mine says I am a 2 and Neutral. OK. I checked out some other random memebers profile, (no I'm not a stalker) and see some other "scores". How can I improve my Reputaion? :-"

Also, what are the Comments about? Is this kind of like writing on someones Wall in Facebook?

And what does it mean to be Friends with someone? Do you get to share content that other non friends can't share or something? Sadly I have no Friends :-({|=

Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

While looking at my own profile, I noticed a few things.

What is this Reputation and how is it scored? Mine says I am a 2 and Neutral. OK. I checked out some other random memebers profile, (no I'm not a stalker) and see some other "scores". How can I improve my Reputaion? :-"

Also, what are the Comments about? Is this kind of like writing on someones Wall in Facebook?

And what does it mean to be Friends with someone? Do you get to share content that other non friends can't share or something? Sadly I have no Friends :-({|=

Can someone enlighten me? Thanks

you have 2 now [biggrin]

I really don't get it either.... Actually I would like to trade that feature in for a members picture gallery option

So I clicked on the red negative icon in Duane's post for kicks.

Does that change my reputation or his?

:rolleyes:

Frankly, I don't get the whole "social" thing on the web.

You're on a computer by yourself.

What's so social about that?

BTW, I noticed I have a negative score.

My feelings are hurt.

I'm holding the Mod Squad personally responsible for my mental anguish...

[blink] :D

I don't give a damn about my reputation, but WHY can't we preview posts by hovering the cursor over the topic title as before?? [cursing]

If you go to the very right of the topic box (almost in the centre of the screen) there is a small icon. Hover over this and the topic preview opens...

It looks like a ghost of a page with an arrow superimposed.

If you go to the very right of the topic box (almost in the centre of the screen) there is a small icon. Hover over this and the topic preview opens...

It looks like a ghost of a page with an arrow superimposed.

I get it, but why not hover over the thread title for a preview (the way it was before) instead of crossing the monitor to locate a small, disappearing, ghostly faint icon (whose popup doesn't disappear when you move away)?

Archived