Gibson Brands Forums

Karma...

Silenced Fred

I woke up late today, had half an hour to get to school for a test in my math class. The drive usually takes about 35 minutes. I got stuck at a red light, and it usually takes about 45 seconds to a minute because it is a high traffic area. Despite how agitated I was, for some reason, one of the people asking for donations to support children with mental illnesses tapped on my window and asked to donate. I did, gave him a few bucks, and I hit every green light after that and showed up at 7:59 for the class that starts at 8. Just thinking about it now, wow.

Take time in life, I have now learned this

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever you believe, it never hurts to pay it forward. [thumbup]

+2, I mean I was told by my neighbor, who was a preacher, "never give more than you can afford."

I have a decent job (for an 18 year old college student) and I could afford to donate a few bucks. I don't get people who "donate" only for a tax write off. That's not a donation.

I can believe what I want

I don't get people who "donate" only for a tax write off. That's not a donation.

I agree 100%.

Mrs. Neo and I have NEVER taken charitable deductions for that very reason.

When I'm President, I'm gonna have to really look long and hard to find a reason for government to subsidize charity.

I agree 100%.

Mrs. Neo and I have NEVER taken charitable deductions for that very reason.

When I'm President, I'm gonna have to really look long and hard to find a reason for government to subsidize charity.

Donating is a sacrifice you make because you care about a cause or want to help someone out. It's not "look at me, I donated and am now holier than thou" attitude. That pisses me off.

That's BS and if I couldn't afford to donate, I wouldn't. I try to whenever I can, and during the "holiday season" of december (gotta be PC nowadays [rolleyes] ) I hardly have any spare change around because I keep some in my coat pocket to throw in the Salvation Army buckets. Why? because I feel like it.

And for the people that will think "aha! I can throw this in his face because he was talking about donating, he's a hypocrite." I'm only saying this because I was amazed at what a little bit does. To me, it made a difference.

Karma is there

I am big on giving and helping people out but I believe in doing it one person at a time. The first beneficiary of my charity I chose to help was me. I put my self through college, got a good job then put my wife through college and bought a few guitars then began giving to my children’s charity. My charitable act is keeping a roof over our heads and food on our table and hopefully sending my kids to college then having a little something to retire on. I guess I miss the feel good high from helping the entire world by putting change in a bucket, see I am only helping four people and six guitars stay off the streets, ahh charity, it’s a beautiful thing ain’t it?!? Think globally but act locally, take care of your family now so the system doesn’t have to later mmmk, thanks for playing.

Archived