Gibson Brands Forums

what song would you play to get a party started?

S t e v e

I've found BOC's "Godzilla" or Zep's "What Is and What Should Never Be" get's the room in the mood.

On a side note, I'm not one to question the musical taste of fellow forumites, but "Kingdom Come"??? I did throw up in my mouth a little bit. [blink]

I saw your band doing What Is.... on your Myspace page, and loved it. You need to go Youtube with the vids cuz Myspace takes toooooo long to load.

First Measure,

Rice Stadium had 70,000 people in it, most of them were really into Kingdom Come.

Get It On had been on the radio some, but it was the music that did it.

They were a good live band, and connected with a lot of people.

On the other hand, Metallica took the stage next and there was only a small group of flying hair and fists up by the stage.

Everybody else wandered out of the stadium to the beer garden until Dokken came on - myself included.

Scorpions killed as usual.

Van Halen sucked in my opinion, but most of the crowd loved them despite all the canned tracks and keyboards.

Granted, I never saw them live. It just sounded to me like a Robert Plant impersonator with an 80's metal band copping all of Zeps Studio Tricks. Back Masking and all.

Have to agree with Dokken, they were a good Rockin' band. However, I saw Don Dokken open up for Robert Plant, he was Boring without Lynch. I mean Genesis style boring. And Metallica was a big let down, too. Rob Halfords band Fight was the highlight of that show, they shared the venue with Candlebox, Suicidal Tendencies, and a couple forgettable early 90's metal bands.

But, heck, if a Kingdom Come song can still get a crowd going then my opinion isn't worth the virtual ink it's printed with.

[edit] and I'm not knockin your set list, Axe. I have to play "Man I Feel Like A Woman". [crying]

I saw Don Dokken open up for Robert Plant, he was Boring without Lynch. I mean Genesis style boring.

OUCH!!!

I saw Rob Halford's band Fight, actually pretty damned good and I'm not really a Halford fan.

Saw Candlebox too, I thought they were decent though I only liked a couple of the radio-friendly songs.

Sort of the same song over and over, if you know what I mean.

For a good laugh!

Not in order

Somebody Save me

Youth gone wild

get it on

teasin' pleasin'

nuttin but a good time

smooth up in ya

it's not love

I remember you

crazy babies

lick it up

too young to fall in love

down boys

round and round

highway to hell

night train

talk dirty to me

shook me all night long

every rose

you've got another thing coming

no one like you

Shake me

Back in Black

Paranoid

Smokin in the boyz room

girlschool (Britney Fox)

little suzi (Tesla)

long way to love (Britney Fox)

wildside (motley crue)

rebel yell (Billy Idol)

We're not gonna take it (Twisted sister)

you give love a bad name (Bon Jovi)

Electric Gypsy (LA Guns)

it's not the way you rock (Dirty Looks)

put a spell on you (Dirty Looks)

Sweet child O' mine (Guns-n-Roses)

Bang your head (Quiet Riot)

rainbow in the dark (DIO)

rock and roll all night (KISS)

firewoman (Cult)

kickstart my heart (motley crue)

Every time I see We're Not Gonna Take It' coming up I want to cry a little.

Yeah, that's one of those crowd-pleasing mini-anthems that the drunks always love.

If they were sober, they would never admit it...

Even worse than Born To Be Wild.

[biggrin]

The guys I play with now and then do Wooley Booley - and they drag it out to like 15 minutes.

They invite all the ladies in the place up onstage to dance, and ad-lib double entendre lyrics.

Crowd loves it - if they're drunk.

That's when the sober folks realize their friends really are too fxcked-up to drive...

Our set list is riddled with cheese and garbage. I'm slowly weeding them out one by one. [tongue]

Every time I see We're Not Gonna Take It' coming up I want to cry a little.

Unfortunately, those Cheesy Tunes are usually the ones that get the audience going the most. Shout at The Devil for example, why can't they like Frankenstein or Radar Love as much as they like that crap?

OUCH!!!

I saw Rob Halford's band Fight, actually pretty damned good and I'm not really a Halford fan.

Saw Candlebox too, I thought they were decent though I only liked a couple of the radio-friendly songs.

Sort of the same song over and over, if you know what I mean.

That's exactly what I thought of Candlebox, the same song over and over. Couldn't even say they had different lyrics, I could understand them.

Archived