Gibson Brands Forums

'69 Slight Return

Californiaman

I'm really looking forward to getting my Fulltone '69 Slight Return Fuzz pedal.

The company said it'll be a couple of months and then they'd notify me that it was ready.

I can wait. It'll be worth the wait. He's only building 230 of them.

Here's what Mike from Fulltone has to say about the pedal.

I did a limited run of 215 "69 Slight Return" pedals that were available direct only. I received 700 of my favorite Germanium TO-5 Trannies, and damned if they are about 98% right on the money, all but a few falling right into the proper gain ratings that allow me to mismatch them to get that sweet tube-like distortion you wouldn't expect from a Fuzzface type pedal. They sit up and bark, don't get me wrong, but I'll do a nice demo soon to show you what you're missing by not understanding how to use the 1000 shades between Fuzz and OD that a good (I know there are a ton of Johnnycomelately Fuzzfaces but is there really anyone who knows these things better than me?) FUZZ can do.

If you love the first 2 Hendrix releases then you'll love this pedal, with 2 Germanium transistors hand-picked and tested for optimum performance. A Contour Knob lets you dial in Midrange, Harmonics and Sustain, also an Input Bias knob that takes out the "woofiness" and gives great Overdrive/Distortion sounds when its level is reduced. An Internal Trimmer allows for adjustment of Clipping Symmetry, Harmonics, and Tracking.

Snapshot2010-10-2117-41-09.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

No update as of yet.

Mike specifically stated in his email to those of us who ordered that if you bug him, you will be dropped from the list.

I can wait. I did however sign his websight's guest book with a note regarding multiple amps and an A/B switch.

I also mentioned that I could hardly wait to receive my next Fulltone pedal for my pedal board, the '69 Slight Return. [smile]

Is the 1999 model the silver, yellow sun burst, or red model?

I guess the earlier models have what he considers the best transistors, the germanium T-05 trannies vs. the NKT 275s.

In the mean time, I'll continue to play my HomeBrew Electronics UFO pedal. I like it a lot and will probably find a way to use them both in my pedal board.

No update as of yet.

Mike specifically stated in his email to those of us who ordered that if you bug him, you will be dropped from the list.

I can wait. I did however sign his websight's guest book with a note regarding multiple amps and an A/B switch.

I also mentioned that I could hardly wait to receive my next Fulltone pedal for my pedal board, the '69 Slight Return. [smile]

Is the 1999 model the silver, yellow sun burst, or red model?

I guess the earlier models have what he considers the best transistors, the germanium T-05 trannies vs. the NKT 275s.

In the mean time, I'll continue to play my HomeBrew Electronics UFO pedal. I like it a lot and will probably find a way to use them both in my pedal board.

Congrats. I'd love to hear a clip once you get it. I think the early Hendrix sounds aren't easy to get.

I have to admit though that I thought the germanium trannies was a mod pop group out of Northern California. [scared]

The "99" I have is a smooth box red one with cream knobs. Then I think came the textured red box with the black knobs. It has the NKT275 trannys and is killer!

Yeah, Im just wanting to compare the reissue to mine and see if it is similiar.....bet it isn't to far off since he perfected it IMO.

J

I remember doing a huge internet search for the right fuzz for me.

I like quality gear and Fulltone makes some great stuff (have you heard the Plim Soul pedal?). It pays to check back on a manufacturer's web sight.

Mike had originally discontinued the '69 because he could not find the right germanium trannies.

One day I discovered that he had found a bunch and was planning a build. I sent an email stating my desire to buy one.

He replied with an email and I put a deposit down back in September.

I will keep you all up to date and when I get it, I'll try to upload a demo or two.

Fuzz

• 2 weeks later...

My pedal will be here very soon now.

I received a notice from Fulltone just a few minutes ago that my pedal was ready and that it was time to pay up.

The way it works is that the first to pay get the lowest serial numbers.

I received notice this morning and paid up right away.

Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Reviews to follow fellows.

My pedal will be here very soon now.

I received a notice from Fulltone just a few minutes ago that my pedal was ready and that it was time to pay up.

The way it works is that the first to pay get the lowest serial numbers.

I received notice this morning and paid up right away.

Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Reviews to follow fellows.

Awesome! Cant wait for the review and to see how it sounds! [thumbup]

Well, according to the FedEx email I received this afternoon, the '69 Slight Return should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Can't wait.

That also means I've a low serial number. [biggrin]

That kicks *** man! I can't wait to hear the sounds. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they cost? If you already posted that, I'll go cry in the corner for missing it :unsure:

I'm bringing my one friend my bass, and he's letting me use his original 69 fuzz pedal... I'm excited. He wants to do a straight up trade if he likes the bass [biggrin]

Good for you Fred.

Hope your friend makes the trade.

I know from what I've seen on Ebay lately, that when the original '69s come up, the silver or yellow sunbursts, they're in the $500.00 range.

The others, red w/black or red w/white knobs, are anywhere between $225-300.

I paid $225 + my $25.00 deposit, so $250.00. And yes, Fred the price is up there somewhere on another post.

It'll be worth it for sure.

I just checked the FedEx sight and it's in transit. ETD is this afternoon. [thumbup]

Well it's here.

I'm in the middle of sending off all of my financials to my broker so I haven't been able to demo the pedal as much as I'd like.

But what I'm hearing from my speaker is great.

I love this thing.

I know Fred's got an open thread so I'll leave this one by saying this pedals sounds so good with my Telecaster and '57 Amp.

Can't wait to put it through the paces.

However, at this time, I must reside myself to finish the task at hand.

I might get news on the offer for the house we bid on any time now.

Just want to have a loan all set up.

I'll let you know what happens.

This pedal is everything it's supposed to be.

Can't wait to set aside some quality play time.

Well it's here.

I'm in the middle of sending off all of my financials to my broker so I haven't been able to demo the pedal as much as I'd like.

But what I'm hearing from my speaker is great.

I love this thing.

I know Fred's got an open thread so I'll leave this one by saying this pedals sounds so good with my Telecaster and '57 Amp.

Can't wait to put it through the paces.

However, at this time, I must reside myself to finish the task at hand.

I might get news on the offer for the house we bid on any time now.

Just want to have a loan all set up.

I'll let you know what happens.

This pedal is everything it's supposed to be.

Can't wait to set aside some quality play time.

Cant wait to here it man! [thumbup]

Archived