Gibson Brands Forums

"No Shave November" or "Movember"

MojoRedFoot

This is the first year I have participated in Movember. Google it. Long story short, if you don't already, grow a mustache to raise awareness for prostate cancer. Women wear pink ribbons for breast cancer; Guys grow facial hair for prostate cancer, it's that simple. I opted for a goatee. It has been just over a week and I cannot wait for December (I started early as did a few work friends). Really not used to having facial hair. It has been effective at work though. I'm gonna look for ideas for fund raising and organizations that need money for research.

The men in my family have not been able to grow proper facial hair for a 100 years, so I will not be participating.

Good cause though, if my facial hair didn't resemble a balding cat, I'd totally jump in.

Now there's another worth while and lesser known charitable possibility . . . balding cats! [laugh]

Got the same problem. My whiskers grow like dandelions on steroids but, beyond a decent mustache I no longer have, I can't grow a beard for er um fecal matter?

Still like an excuse not to shave though and a good excuse it is.

Here's the question i always ask people who have moustaches in November:

"How much has been donated to your cause?"

Usually, they say "Huh?"

The whole point of Movember is to get people to pledge money for you to grow a moustache (and look like a ******), not to just grow a moustache. Just growing a moustache doesn't do anything for prostate cancer lol!

Hopefully you guys who are participating are getting donations! I for one, am donating instead of growing one...i look weird without my beard. There are strict rules to Movember too....no handlebars/fu manchu's....just a regular old moustache. No beards, no attaching sideburns etc...Mojo - no goatees either! :)

So good luck boys...if you're growing a stache, make sure to get donations!

Here's the question i always ask people who have moustaches in November:

"How much has been donated to your cause?"

Usually, they say "Huh?"

The whole point of Movember is to get people to pledge money for you to grow a moustache (and look like a ******), not to just grow a moustache. Just growing a moustache doesn't do anything for prostate cancer lol!

Hopefully you guys who are participating are getting donations! I for one, am donating instead of growing one...i look weird without my beard. There are strict rules to Movember too....no handlebars/fu manchu's....just a regular old moustache. No beards, no attaching sideburns etc...Mojo - no goatees either! :)

So good luck boys...if you're growing a stache, make sure to get donations!

Yeah... I can't grow a moustache, I just don't shave. Then I like to turn December into "No Shave November... PART DEAUX!"

I've only been without a moustache and beard about 3 times since I was around 17.

I'll try letting the cookie duster grow into a handle bar. Did that 10 years ago for a special occasion. Looked kinda cool, but waxing it was a pain in the butt.

Dave

Archived