Gibson Brands Forums

How much sleep do you average a night?

heymisterk

This depends for me. During the school year the average is 6 hours for me. Going to bed at 1:00AM getting up at 7. During summer it ranges from 10-14 hours. Usually going to bed somewhere in the 3-5AM time frame and getting up somewhere between 11AM and 3PM.

This depends for me. During the school year the average is 6 hours for me. Going to bed at 1:00AM getting up at 7. During summer it ranges from 10-14 hours. Usually going to bed somewhere in the 3-5AM time frame and getting up somewhere between 11AM and 3PM.

Ahhhh...I remember those days. I pretty much followed that exact same schedule throughout high school, as a matter of fact.

Word to the wise: predictable sleep habits go to sh*t once you reach college.

For 18 yrs I worked a 12 hr "rotating swing" shift, worked 4days one week, 3 the next, 6 weeks on days 6 on nights.......averaged 4 hrs sleep on workdays/nights, & 8-10 hrs on off days.

The last 4 yrs i've been on fulltime nightshift, 6:pm- at least 2:30am,with every weekend off...... I remain noctural when i'm off so my "body rythym" isn't upset.....sleep 4-6 hrs a day during the week, 8-12 hrs Saturday daytime, and usually 5 Sunday daytime.

I try for about 7 hrs but wake frequently.

I'm usually up by 5 am during the week and hit the rack around 10 pm.

Sunday nights are notorious for poor sleep for me. Monday morning back to work stress I guess.

An afternoon nap on weekends is pure luxury.

Once in a while, if I can I'll take a day off work mid week and sleep most of it.

I have a generous alotment of paid vacation ( 7 weeks) so the odd day off doesn't screw up scheduled vacation time.

Dave

Archived