Gibson Brands Forums

.....A Few Thoughts.....

Rocky4

1. It's November, I just got done with some leaf duty, wearing shorts and a at shirt, and I'm sweating. It's in the low 70s here

2. I was listening to WGLT blues weekend last Saturday, when they played a blues tune by Cindi Lauper. The tune was called Mother Earth and it sounded a lot like Jody Williams' You May. Nothing too impressive

3 I heard Remedy by The Black Crowes a few days a go with horns added. Yecchhh

4 My Lanelei went out on eBy for a disappointing $240. I took a good beating there.

5. Cool site for older computer geeks. http://www.guidebookgallery.org/index

I never saw the idea of removing leaf's from your lawn. I dont see how not doing it makes you lazy. I mean i see houses who have tons of leaf's on their front lawn and i dont think their lazy people i think it looks nice and add's the fall feeling.

Until the leaves start piling up and the critters get closer to the house. You know those lil white critters that eat wood and such. Yall still make houses out of wood in NYC demoon? I agree it looks nice to have the colored leaves but then they fall and become a mess, a possible fire hazard and finally a huge area for loads of bugs. Mine went into a huge pile and I am going to make a compost pile for the garden this spring (around last part of Feb. I am so excited about the garden...

Yeah i guess that would be a good reason why.

I guess you trade one thing for another

1.) Wyoming = 40 degree highs and leaves that freeze to the ground from light dustings of snow

from the day before. No need to rake as Wyoming winds blow them to parts unknown anyway.

2.) Listening to KTWO Chris LeDoux "This Cowboys Hat waitng for the NFL game to start "I like Jazz

more than Western. Although when cruising Wide Wonderful Wyoming you get used to listening

when you can.

3.) By the way we don't measure distance in miles from one place to another. It's always a

sixpak of cola to here or 2 sixpaks to there :rolleyes:

No fall in Phoenix - summer goes straight into winter, although it's not what most folks endure.

100+ highs, and lows (depending on dryness) from 80s down to 60s.

Winter means highs in the 60s and 70s and lows in the 40s and 30s out where I live away from the city.

The motorcycle will be getting less commuting duty now - 43 this morning so I left it in the garage.

God is my leaf blower. [laugh]

No sense in doing anything yet in my yard, as some of the maple trees have lost very few leaves. Besides, there are only like 3 houses in my neighborhood...

We don't get critters here, Jocko. We have a cat inside and several that hang around outside.

Snakes, mice, frogs, spiders, crickets, grasshoppers.... all fall before the might of the feline predators. /chuckle

Some leaves scattered about the lawn under the apricot tree—leavest and the blood of Blue Jay.

My summer garden is petering out now.

I cooked home made tomato soup tonight. My tomatoes are just about done for the year.

I also added, fresh from the garden, some Anaheim Chilies and Golden Bell Peppers along with onion and garlic.

The soup was delicious and took the chill off my bones tonight.

I ate a grilled cheese sandwich with it. I love to dip a grilled cheese sandwich into tomato soup.

Here in Bama, our daytime highs the past 4 days have been: 73,77,79,81....with 40 degree temp drops every night.......I have a Sister in Wilmette Il., she's writing me to "get ready for winter, stay warm".....ooooo k winter? whats that?

HORNS, in REMEDY?????? PLEASE say it ain't so !!!......The Crowes saved Southern Rock back in '90, and made some really jammin' music.....but l'm not so sure about this 90 minute acoustic set they're doing to start every show on the "Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys" (farewell) tour....they should do what they do best, come out, rock their azzes off, then on to the next gig.

At this rate they'll add violin to "Bad Luck Blue Eyes (Goodbye)" and a pan-flute to "Could i've Been so Blind" [rolleyes]

I DO appreciate their selling the double CD for the price of a single as a parting "goodwill" gesture to their fans though....

Last thought on The Crowes...."Woah Mule"(Warpaint) ??? WTF was Chris on when he came up with THAT song????Jeez !!!

Given that I almost can spit to the Wyoming border from here - and then you're almost into Montana - I'd say yeah, today it was around 40 somethin'. Below freezing at night. A cupla days ago it was 70, but then we also had snow interspersed in there somewhere.

It's autumn on the Northern Plains.

m

Archived