Gibson Brands Forums

This is cool.

Nick Beach

They could have done something similar to Les' signature on the LPs.

To be honest, I'm mostly cranky about headstocks with strange stuff on them in general right now. One of the online retailers I use sent out emails about having awesome deals on the Sammy Hagar Les Paul. I go to have a look and see a LP in a really nice red colour and the price was rediculously low. I wanted one! Then after looking at all the pictures I got suspicious. How come they never show the headstock in any of the pictures? So I do a google image search.

Features-Headstock-jpg.aspx

Ouch.

They could have done something similar to Les' signature on the LPs.

To be honest, I'm mostly cranky about headstocks with strange stuff on them in general right now. One of the online retailers I use sent out emails about having awesome deals on the Sammy Hagar Les Paul. I go to have a look and see a LP in a really nice red colour and the price was rediculously low. I wanted one! Then after looking at all the pictures I got suspicious. How come they never show the headstock in any of the pictures? So I do a google image search.

Features-Headstock-jpg.aspx

Ouch.

Yup...Ouch....Ugly arrogant touch....You could buy one and re-finish the headstock...........

I don't believe anything in the ES line is made without laminates.

Solid wood in a Gibson electric hollow body pushes the price closer to five figures.

Good point as always Neo...Nothing really wrong with laminates done well....But why make so few ??? This could be a HUGE seller for Gibson..This is what we want, and yet these will be sold out by Turkey day.........

Yeah, I've always preferred, either the split diamond (ES-355, LP Custom)

headstock inlay, or "Lucille" at most. They could have done that, or

put a little embossed crown, on the pickguard, kind of like the Epi "e", so those

who don't want that, could remove it, or get another pickguard...But, it's

to BB's specs, so... I DO like the color offerings, though. White (Diamond)

or Red, for me. ;>)

CB

Yeah, I've always preferred, either the split diamond (ES-355, LP Custom)

headstock inlay, or "Lucille" at most. They could have done that, or

put a little embossed crown, on the pickguard, kind of like the Epi "e", so those

who don't want that, could remove it, or get another pickguard...But, it's

to BB's specs, so... I DO like the color offerings, though. White (Diamond)

or Red, for me. ;>)

CB

Charlie Brown, I just called up M.F. ; I was going to get a white one for you, one for me, and one for Neo for Christmas, but they were sold out; D*mn.......

This is a fine example of what we want from Gibson, and they only make a handful....[confused][cursing]

This is exactly what I thought. There is an ad for these on the last page of the new Vintage Guitar mag. I saw it and the first thing out of my mouth was, "Wow, Henry actually got it right"

I think for the most part this type of thing is what most of us want, a great quality guitar in some new colors from time to time. What's so hard about that?

PS: I want the Ruby Red.

Nothing really wrong with laminates done well....But why make so few ???

I think they probably want to sell them fast so making a small run creates a sense of urgency. People will buy them up quickly before they are all gone... I'll take a purple one... [thumbup]

Archived