Gibson Brands Forums

Oh no!

Silenced Fred

Freddie boy, I got yer answer. Your perfect career choice would be owner of a music store. You might find it difficult to sell any of your inventory but I think that's the job for you man. B)

I would never be able to sell any of them [blush]

I thought of it, and I already have humbuckers, so I want mini humbuckers. then a sheraton with a p90 in the neck, powertron in the bridge. then an SG :)

but do you need all that fancy stuff with just a drummer?

Do you need all those letters on your keyboard to keep writing the same message over and over again?

I found the mini humbuckers to punch through quite nicely, especially with distortion and fuzz. And yes, I do need "fancy stuff" even though I'm "with just a drummer"

Don't be ignant, look up Black Keys, and all of the other two piece bands out there, great sounds, sophisticated sounds.

Isn't there another thread you can go sh¡t on?

I'd think you needed all the fancy stuff because you just have a drummer, Fred!

[thumbup] The fewer members, the more each member has to do individually. How much fancy stuff did Robbie Robertson need when he was in The Band?

Anyway Fred, yeah, the Firebird is awesome. The mini-hums are sweet because they keep their clarity and high frequencies through distortion. Go for it. [thumbup]

[thumbup] The fewer members, the more each member has to do individually. How much fancy stuff did Robbie Robertson need when he was in The Band?

Anyway Fred, yeah, the Firebird is awesome. The mini-hums are sweet because they keep their clarity and high frequencies through distortion. Go for it. [thumbup]

Yeah, its hard to do. The pickups really impressed me with their ability to be clear even with tons of distortion. First, I think I am going to get one of the pickups from Eastman that replicate the single in Airline guitars... gotta get me some Jack White tone [flapper] But, I do like that for solos and distortion. Christmas list anyone?

Yeah, its hard to do. The pickups really impressed me with their ability to be clear even with tons of distortion. First, I think I am going to get one of the pickups from Eastman that replicate the single in Airline guitars... gotta get me some Jack White tone [flapper] But, I do like that for solos and distortion. Christmas list anyone?

No dude, you need Fredtone...

No dude, you need Fredtone...

Hence the [flapper]

I find my solo style to be similar to his, but not as screechy... I like my solos to pop, then fade in. I like the distinction so people will go "HOLY **** THE SOLO STARTS NOW I GUESS!"

I do have Fredtone, I don't know of anyone that sounds like me (or would want to [laugh] )

You gotta wear a beanie and grow out your hair to get Fredtone, its like slasht000nez, but lower gain

Archived