Gibson Brands Forums

Thomann Snakeskin Hardcase

cosmitron

I've just received a hardcase from Thomann store.

This thing is classier than I expected.

I'm not working for Thomann (just in case :D) but I felt the need to share this as this is the first not so expensive case I've found that's no Gibson, that I actually like.

It looks so warm and comfortable that I wish I could sleep inside. And it even includes a hygrometer!!!

My only concern is I miss the candy smell of Gibson genuine cases.

Anyway, here are some pics:

IMG_1443.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg_effected.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg_effected.jpg

I've just received a hardcase from Thomann store.

This thing is classier than I expected.

I'm not working for Thomann (just in case :D) but I felt the need to share this as this is the first not so expensive case I've found that's no Gibson, that I actually like.

It looks so warm and comfortable that I wish I could sleep inside. And it even includes a hygrometer!!!

My only concern is I miss the candy smell of Gibson genuine cases.

Thats really classy and cool! [thumbup] I love the meter and the strap that secures the neck...How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Sure! here's the french link: http://www.thomann.de/fr/thomann_elite_case_lp_1.htm

You can choose different country, but as far as I know they don't ship outside Europe.

Thanks, and well... that figures. I guess it's about time you folks on that side of the pond got something we couldn't for a change (I know a lot of things are unavailable to you for the same reasons, only seems fair you get some of the great products/deals too!).

Hello Cosmitron! I've checked out this hardshell case at Thomann's site. Look pretty, and much cheaper than Gibson's own. Is it the molded or the wooden version? My only concern is that doesn't seem to fit around the LP Studio tightly on the pictures, am I wrong? Can You please post a picture from top? I really interested because I want to get one for my GT. Thank You!

Hello Cosmitron! I've checked out this hardshell case at Thomann's site. Look pretty, and much cheaper than Gibson's own. Is it the molded or the wooden version? My only concern is that doesn't seem to fit around the LP Studio tightly on the pictures, am I wrong? Can You please post a picture from top? I really interested because I want to get one for my GT. Thank You!

It's a molded case. The neck fits at 2 points and the body at 4 points which maintain the guitar rather tightly. So there are empty areas but the guitar doesn't move in the case.

I took additional pics, if it can help.

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Damn, ive seen leather cases like that for strats but for alot of $$$.

Wish they shiped here.

Maybe you could email them. They're kinda helpful. It's just a matter of shipping rate and maybe taxes/duties. All in all, the €/$ ratio is down these days, but I'm not sure it's worth the pain.

Damn, ive seen leather cases like that for strats but for alot of $$$.

Wish they shiped here.

Actually, they do (don't think it's real leather, but still very nice!). I did email them, and heard back. It's expensive, but we can buy the cases a bit cheaper (they don't have to charge us the VAT).

Here's a copy of what I was sent by Melanie.

Hi,

of course we can send this case to the U.S.

The case itself would cost you 66,39 € (without VAT), and the delivery with DHL would cost you another 30 € (that's our flatrate for standard orders up to 30 kg, so if you want to order a few more things... feel free).

However, the delivery with DHL and then USPS would take about 2 weeks at the moment, and there can be even further delays due to the very strict examinations of all parcels at customs...

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

PS: Have you thought about Christmas presents yet? We are now offering gift vouchers from 10 to 100 €!

Easy to purchase here: http://www.thomann.de/gb/basket_coupon.html?ordervalue=50

Kind regards

Melanie Schmitt

Export department

Musikhaus Thomann e.K.

Treppendorf 30

96138 Burgebrach

Germany

Tel : 0049 9546 9223 55

Fax : 0049 9546 9223 24

international@thomann.de

www.thomann.de

HRA Bamberg Nr. 8988

Still, it's a bit more than I'd probably spend on it. If it were $20 cheaper, it's be a no brainer. But for about $105 (instead of $125 for this one), I can get an SKB hard case that is really good for traveling (certainly doesn't have the "style" this one does though). And I've seen a few others around or under $100 that I'd consider first (again, unless the price were equal). I bought Gibson cases for both of my 50s Tributes and paid only about $10 more than this one would cost me.

Still, that alligator pattern and rich brown color inside and out are very appealing!

That is a lovely case.

I purchased a lovely classical case that said Thomann on the site (with a hydrometer too insidemsp_thumbup.gif) and was interested that it was actually made by Eastman, the company that makes those fine archtop jazz guitars. I wonder if they are subcontracted by Thomann? Either way it was only £120.

http://www.eastmancasecompany.com/jw/acoustic.htm

Matt

Nice case. [thumbup]

What's the guitar in your avatar? Looks interesting.

If you're talking to me:

It's a custom made guitar I've ordered to a friend. It's based on the Ravelle Fernandes guitar shape, and inspired by one of Reeves Gabrels prototype, with les Paul Junior specs, natural/nitro finish. There's a 60's Gibson/Epiphone P90 in it.

Here's a video summary I did before the guitar was totally done. :)

And a gallery: Teenage Kick Model

• 1 month later...

Hi there - I'm actually considering one of these cases for my LP Studio 50s tribute too! Could you help me out by answering a few questions?

- the case looks very "shallow". Does the headstock touch the bottom? Is it near the bottom?

- does the Thomann logo plate come off easily do you think? (It's the only bit I don't like!)

I'm actually thinking of going for the wooden version - looks almost identical though apart from colours. Same price too. Here it is.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_elite_case_lp_2.htm

2514825_800.jpg

Archived