Gibson Brands Forums

YIKES!!!! Be careful putting up Christmas decorations!

NeoConMan

NJ Man Dies While Putting Holiday Lights On Home

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP)

A southern New Jersey man has died after he fell while stringing Christmas lights on his roof.

Authorities did not immediately release the name of the 59-year-old man in Washington Township.

The Courier-Post of Cherry Hill reported the man was found lying unconscious in his driveway around 5 p.m. Sunday.

A ladder was propped against the garage roof and his hat was left on the roof.

Lights were half strung along the home’s second story.

The man was pronounced dead at Kennedy Memorial Hospital.

Police say an average of one person a year in the town dies while setting up holiday decorations.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2010/11/29/nj-man-dies-while-putting-holiday-lights-on-home/

This is percisely why I hire 'undocumented' workers each and every holiday season to install my holiday lights and decorations....

My pets enjoy the light show when an unanticipated 'light show' happens due to an electrical short....

And my better half is glad that I'm not messin' with electricity beyond my amps and honest mojo...

[thumbup] :unsure: [lol][flapper][thumbup] .......

( And no, the emoticons are not a forum error, former Lowdown Poster; now posting as another. )

What a horrible thing to happen this time of year. The stat the police cite is astonishing!

Who could guess bringing joy to the world would be so deadly.

But, when you think about it, rank amateurs crawling around ladders and roofs during a cold, windy, ice slickened holiday season, doing electrical work ... it's bound to happen. [crying]

Not to mention he was nearly 60 years old.

Cripes! I'm nearly 60 [scared] well... more nearly 60 than nearly 40. [bored]

I'm glad we have Saint Nicolas (Sinterklaas) here in Holland (dec 5th).

Santa Claus is originaly a Dutch tradition.

In Dutch it is "Sinterklaas" [flapper]......

We also install lights etc. in trees, on the outside of the house, but as far as i know, there were never deadly accidants here in the Netherlands.

But Sinterklaas??(Santa Claus,)well he rides a horse, instead of a sleigh, and he has helpers, well enjoy the bloopers off a Dutch folklore [thumbup]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJUfkdULzY

This is percisely why I hire 'undocumented' workers each and every holiday season to install my holiday lights and decorations....

My pets enjoy the light show when an unanticipated 'light show' happens due to an electrical short....

And my better half is glad that I'm not messin' with electricity beyond my amps and honest mojo...

[thumbup] :unsure: [lol][flapper][thumbup] .......

( And no, the emoticons are not a forum error, former Lowdown Poster; now posting as another. )

I like decorating myself. Its fun and adds to the season

Funny stuff Geert! I suspect, since Sinterklaas wears a long dress like frock, maybe he should ride side saddle?

I've been known to don the red suit. I do fire trucks, not horses or other wild beasts. [scared]

Archived