Gibson Brands Forums

SG hollow body

tartanbeastie

i think this idea could sell judging by some of the pics etc..

They already made these Tartan; as usual, these aren't currently in production. Daveinspain does have one, and they are full hollowbodied, not semi. Very good looking guitars.

They could call it the SG Standard.

You could still get an SG "Traditional"... [flapper]

Uh, I sure could run with that, but I promised Duane I'd ' Shenanigan ' with care...Although a mathematical post is coming soon.

Minarick guitars makes models Tarten may be interested in.

O.K., they could call an S.G. Traditional the ' Swiss Gheesed ' model.

And a semi hollow S.G. the ' F-Holed Model '...

Sorry to be the wet blanket here, but SG stands for solid guitar. In other words it is a solid body guitar; not chambered or hollow or semi-hollow.

Please don't go mucking up my all time favorite guitar.

My thoughts exactly. I opened this thread and went wait... SG? Solid Guitar now means what?

I still want an SG real bad, have considered trading my LP for one, but I can't, she's my baby

Can't stand relic'd items, and yeah when I saw Traditional I figured you mistook what I meant on Standards. A good classic white or polaris white 61' RI with a Bigsby with some BKP's is pretty much my dream guitar.

White 61 RI with the Eastwood Airline pickup in the neck, and something nice and thick in the bridge with a Bigsby... drool

It is possible to install a Bigsby on an SG without (much) modification. Easily done. Same with a Maestro.

It is but I would rather it come that way from the factory since it leaves a couple things that are readily noticeable when done aftermarket.

Archived