Gibson Brands Forums

My band rocked this show!

shaved_ape

Mmmmm!

I know I know, thems is some tasty licks.

It's hard to be modest when I know I am full of talent. I'd say we are the tightest live band in history...no no...really.

And it's ok to be jealous of my rockin' licks, I mean, that epiphone ain't gonna play itself right?

Not sure if this thread was made to point and laugh [confused] ..... But I'll take a different stance on the whole thing...

1) I'll give them credit for even attempting that particular tune.... not an easy one to cover.

2) It's obvious these are a bunch dudes that are doing it for hobby sakes.... If they stay together, they'll be pretty good.... Remember we all had starting points at one time too.

3) They do have good balance... You can hear all the instruments

It appears they're trying. and that's all one can ask..

Not sure if this thread was made to point and laugh [confused] ..... But I'll take a different stance on the whole thing...

1) I'll give them credit for even attempting that particular tune.... not an easy one to cover.

2) It's obvious these are a bunch dudes that are doing it for hobby sakes.... If they stay together, they'll be pretty good.... Remember we all had starting points at one time too.

3) They do have good balance... You can hear all the instruments

It appears they're trying. and that's all one can ask..

I know you wanted to take the High Road, but I've suffered through bad reviews and that's part of playing live in a band too.

Sometimes you just have an off day and flat out suck. Take your lumps.

I actually got a laugh from one night we just weren't wanting to do this gig but were bound to do it. It was pouring rain, everything bad that could happen did and there was a local music mag reviewer there who continued to find a way to go on about how bad we were while taking about the band that went on after us. LOL! It helps you keep focus.

I dont know. I gotta give them credit for having the balls to get up there and play that song. But they werent ready for it, for sure.

My bandmates want to cover that song too. I am oppsed to it becasue the guitarist said that he wont learn the solo. [cursing] Kind of pointless without (at least) the first solo. I'm not even half the guitar player he is, and I can play the first solo. So irritating.

Is it "Another Brick in the Wall part 6"?

j/k Anybody who gets on stage and performs gets a lot of respect in my book. Nobody knows how hard it really is until you're up there and nobody is perfect so we're all eventually going to have an off night. Its actually a good thing that you guys recorded it so you can go back and watch it as a group and see what went wrong and what needs to be improved.

I'm all for encouragement but holy crap [scared]

I'm lost for words.

If I ever work up the nerve to video myself and I sound anything like that, please moderator, kill the thread and stop the bleeding.

Terrible sorry ShavedApe.

Dave

Well, perhaps only Shaved Ape and myself really understand and get this.

He's quite the educated guy.

And quite clever as well.

Please Damian, enlighten me.

Are they playing Comfortably numb or demonstrating what it is like to play while comfortably numb?

I'm hoping this was done tongue in cheek.

I almost feel bad. This is the first time I've displayed any kind of criticism on the forum.

Dave

Well, perhaps only Shaved Ape and myself really understand and get this.

He's quite the educated guy.

And quite clever as well.

Yeah well it isn't my band, and don't be fooled I couldn't be any less educated.

My friend sent me this and I just couldn't stop laughing, yeah because I have had bands that sounded worse when I was 13 or so.

If you guys have seen this series of videos, this is what this reminded me of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBzWZq4fXg

Well, it's great when you aren't held back by those two redeeming qualities of pride and taste . . . both highly overrated apparently.

Since PF has always been my number 1, it's really hard to watch number 2 like this whether it was for a charitable cause or not.

Am I being too judgmental and harsh here? Watching The Wall on Paladia right now . . . I don't think so.

Archived