Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboard Cables

Californiaman

I've used the Planet Wave cables since 2007. Gigged regularly with them, still use the same ones today - no problems.

They are the same thing as the George L, just the cables are thicker and the connectors are larger, sort of like the Core X2 cable kits.

I use dimarzio patch cables... I used to use plante waves but they kept giving me this strange tone with lots of highs... then I found out they are designed that way, to cut certain low and mid frequencies in order to make it look like they dont suck tone at all and like they actually enhance tone... no such thing.

I use dimarzio patch cables... I used to use plante waves but they kept giving me this strange tone with lots of highs... then I found out they are designed that way, to cut certain low and mid frequencies in order to make it look like they dont suck tone at all and like they actually enhance tone... no such thing.

+1 for DiMarzio! I use the braided cables to connect guitar to board and board to amp. Still going strong after a year, and that's somewhat of a record around here.

I believe the guy at Sam Ash said "Yes, Monster cables have a life time warranty, and if you buy them, you'll need it. If you buy these (DiMarzio) you won't need a lifetime warranty."

:)

I guess you have to consider whether or not you need custom lengths also. If you have everything

linear and right next to each other, you can use most anything. If you need to cut custom lengths,

then you have other issues and need something customizable. My board generally seems to have wires

running all over (or under generally) the board. The George Ls (and I'm sure others) allow me to

make a new cable in a custom length in about a minute, and they sound good. I find that handy.

Archived