Gibson Brands Forums

Guess who else played Gibsons

TommyK

D'oh! #-o Corrected. I was thinkin' Albert, but wrote Arnold. Arnold was the pig.

Eddie Albert. He actually played quite well.

This one is a Gibson Classical:

ga101109HootrvlWasFlounderedOWDPlaystheclasssic.jpg

That would be Ralph Monroe (Mary Grace Canfield) in the back.

Is it really bad that I can sing the entire Green Acres theme song from start to finish?

Speaking of Eddie Albert, my parents had an old album of his that I adored. I played it all the time. It had some really old classics on it, like Cattle Call (I think that's what it was called). I sure wish I had some of those old records.

sounds all Broadwayed up. yuck.

Well yeah. You could write off a significant portion of pop music in the 50s and 60s with a statement like that. It was a time when crooners and broadway musical songs still cracked the top 40 on a regular basis along side acts like Frank Zappa and the Beatles. For example, in 1969 Sinatra's "My Way" hit #27 in the US and in the UK spent 75 weeks in the top 40 between April 1969 and Sep 1971. Now that's "Something", which incidently was a huge hit for the Beatles in 1969. B)

Sometime when you get the chance, read up on Eddie Albert. He had a most fascinating life. He and some actress were the first people to be videoed for TV broadcast during the development of television in the lab. They had to paint the actors' faces green so they black and white picture would 'look' right.

He also is a decorated WWII Navy officer.

He can't be a real guitarist. He has SHEET MUSIC in front of him, for goodness sake....

I've long contended that "Green Acres" is the truest program about America ever to appear on television. All its characters represent classic American archetypes. As satire, it was pretty hilarious. It was also fun to watch.

He can't be a real guitarist. He has SHEET MUSIC in front of him, for goodness sake....

I've long contended that "Green Acres" is the truest program about America ever to appear on television. All its characters represent classic American archetypes. As satire, it was pretty hilarious. It was also fun to watch.

American archetypes?? Hell.... they represent my neigbors [biggrin]...Rod

I didn't know Gibson ever built a classical so thank you for this.

Matt

Hmmmmm... since you endorse Middleton Classical guitars and lilkely know the luthiers that build the guitars...

do I smell a possible Gibson Classical copy?!?!?! [thumbup][wink]

Archived