Gibson Brands Forums

Slash who?

mcmurray

For around $5 at your local music store, you could do a lot worse than Chinese Democracy.

The Bestbuy by my house has a whole shelf full of them, and can be had for around 3 bucks. No offense, but the album was awful, never listened to the solos though.

Buckethead is a great guitarist though [thumbup]

Fred, the album is quite good actually...it's not supposed to sound like Old Guns which is what I think causes the dislike in many.

They expect that an album by the band Guns n Roses should sound like the old stuff so thats what they expect. When they hear it and it sounds so different, it is instantly dismissed.

It's not my fav album of all time, but it has a few great songs on it....not JUST Buck's contributions either.

As good as anything Slash did with the band, and I don't take saying this lightly.

Sure, you can have 1000 guitar players better than Slash play 1000 super solos all over it...but it still won't be the same.

The original line-up of GnR, with all its faults, had a chemistry that made it great. Anything else is just an imitation.

I'm not a GnR fan, but I can hear the difference.

Fred, the album is quite good actually...it's not supposed to sound like Old Guns which is what I think causes the dislike in many.

They expect that an album by the band Guns n Roses should sound like the old stuff so thats what they expect. When they hear it and it sounds so different, it is instantly dismissed.

It's not my fav album of all time, but it has a few great songs on it....not JUST Buck's contributions either.

Yeah, I don't like Guns N Roses even with Slash. I didn't care for it much, but some of the guitar was fairly tasty [biggrin]

The original line-up of GnR, with all its faults, had a chemistry that made it great. Anything else is just an imitation.

Agreed. The original line up was the last great sleazy, dangerous, classic rock n fn roll band imo. Truly the end of an era.

That said, VR was a good attempt;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_nK-g8sMdg

Sure, you can have 1000 guitar players better than Slash play 1000 super solos all over it...but it still won't be the same.

I'm not a GnR fan, but I can hear the difference.

Well said. I've said before that it's not a single player. It's the 'whole' Band.

Many bands have 'average' players but make a great sound together.

Archived