Gibson Brands Forums

The talented kids thread

Duende

The other topic has inspired this one and give us a chance to see some of the up and coming youngsters of the world! In Britain we have Young Musician Of The Year which is great, but it just focus' on classical music! Here are some kids that have impressed and amazed me over the years!

Gypsy jazz guitarist Jimmy Rosenburg is an adult now be here he is improvising aged about 8 (ex Gibson forum member Kris put me in touch with Jimmy's music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nTXc3k1wU

This girl, Chelsea Constable, 14 in the clip, is a young lady now, but has been on tv a lot in the States and as a child played Satch Boogie with the man himself live! I love her control and vibrato...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_iLF5BQSPo&playnext=1&list=PLDA989B69572CF525&index=5

This is a great thread Matt, sadly I don't have any clips of students playing, but I'm planning a show for all of them next year and I shall post some clips after.

That said, I have a student that's 13 years old and plays amazingly well, everything he listens to he can play, and anything you teach him he masters in as little as a day (he got sweep pickin' in 2 hours [cursing]) His mom says he needs to do more sports and less guitar, and that she's worried about him spending so much time playing and not doing sports, parties or other social activities... I think they should encourage him to play more, he's got everything to become a really great player (sometimes I feel I have nothing left to teach him [crying] )

This is a great thread Matt, sadly I don't have any clips of students playing, but I'm planning a show for all of them next year and I shall post some clips after.

That said, I have a student that's 13 years old and plays amazingly well, everything he listens to he can play, and anything you teach him he masters in as little as a day (he got sweep pickin' in 2 hours [cursing]) His mom says he needs to do more sports and less guitar, and that she's worried about him spending so much time playing and not doing sports, parties or other social activities... I think they should encourage him to play more, he's got everything to become a really great player (sometimes I feel I have nothing left to teach him [crying] )

Hi Thunder

I look forward to that!

...and I know what you mean about very bright students, often I end up learning the piece they are studying too, so I can show them it! LMAO

Do you learn things back off your pupils pupils too? A guy who was doing his grade two exam, played his piece after having worked on it - and he went slower on this particular bit and then sped up at a place I had never heard some one do - and it actually really worked! I have heard this piece for years and now it just sounded refreshed and inspired. He had given it his own interpretation and made me see this phrase completely differently!

Matt

Archived