Gibson Brands Forums

Chinese Copiers getting ballsier

Artie Owl

If these guitars werent blatant rip offs and the manufacturer put their own logo and details on them they would probably sell ok in their own right as a brand. having never bought seen or played one of these imported ones i cant say what the quality or sound is like but some of them are attractive looking guitars. However I hope that Gibson and other manufacturers can get some sort of legal action raised against the blatant rip offs and con artists.

If these guitars werent blatant rip offs and the manufacturer put their own logo and details on them they would probably sell ok in their own right as a brand. having never bought seen or played one of these imported ones i cant say what the quality or sound is like but some of them are attractive looking guitars. However I hope that Gibson and other manufacturers can get some sort of legal action raised against the blatant rip offs and con artists.

I just spent 10 minutes talking to an employee at that shop. They have no idea as to the spec and just kept refering me to the web page.

i put up a similar thread last night. copy of a hummingbird. but yeah, if they were to just make the guitars their own brand and design and know the product they are selling they would probably do ok. Its the folk who buy them thinking they are getting a good deal i feel sorry for but anybody who knows anything about guitars knows they cant be bought at that price.

I wouldnt be surprised if folk buy them, then try selling them second hand and claim they had no idea it was a fake!!

oh and at first glance... this looks pretty good

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/400823/210358205-289342090/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-with-case-free-shipping.html

i put up a similar thread last night. copy of a hummingbird. but yeah, if they were to just make the guitars their own brand and design and know the product they are selling they would probably do ok. Its the folk who buy them thinking they are getting a good deal i feel sorry for but anybody who knows anything about guitars knows they cant be bought at that price.

I wouldnt be surprised if folk buy them, then try selling them second hand and claim they had no idea it was a fake!!

oh and at first glance... this looks pretty good

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/400823/210358205-289342090/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-with-case-free-shipping.html

At that price how can u think they r real they have a £2500 gib supreme for less than £250

At that price how can u think they r real they have a £2500 gib supreme for less than £250

greed stupidity or someone who knows nothing about guitars buying for someone else thinking they found a bargain..lol.. or the kind of @sshole who would buy them then sell second hand to unsuspecting people for a higher price than they bought them for. I'm sure there are players may not be able to tell the difference especially newbies

but yes I agree anyone who knows Gibson knows that the price is stupid.

Glass? O_o

I've seen some very nice clear acrylic guitars, but glass? I'm guessing it's either not actually glass or they're insane.

Also, it's usual to hide the electrics under a plate normally, because loose cables ain't pretty.

greed stupidity or someone who knows nothing about guitars buying for someone else thinking they found a bargain..lol.. or the kind of @sshole who would buy them then sell second hand to unsuspecting people for a higher price than they bought them for. I'm sure there are players may not be able to tell the difference especially newbies

but yes I agree anyone who knows Gibson knows that the price is stupid.

I don't think those listings are generally meant to trick the original buyer, but as a way for the buyer to pretend they have a better guitar than they do so they can show off or with the idea that the buyer will sell it on. Most of those kind of listings that I see admit somewhere in the details that the company selling them made them themselves or they were made to order for the company. Often they openly admit they're fakes but make a point of the fact that (in their opinion) people will not be able to tell the difference.

Glass? O_o

I've seen some very nice clear acrylic guitars, but glass? I'm guessing it's either not actually glass or they're insane.

Also, it's usual to hide the electrics under a plate normally, because loose cables ain't pretty.

It says Lucite Glass - Lucite is a very good quality plexiglass - Plastic not real Glass.

I hope these people do get shut down. I spoke to em for ages to try and get the name of the factory but they wouldnt giv me it. All they admitted to was that they weren't made in USA like they say on the headstock's

I can't understand why they copy Gibson.

The guitars look nice. I don't know what the quality is like. But a plexi Les Paul would be nice. Gibson should copy the Chinese. The wood Epi looked nice as well. They should just brand their own guitars and be honest makers.

Plink plonk guitars.

I can't understand why they copy Gibson.

The guitars look nice. I don't know what the quality is like. But a plexi Les Paul would be nice. Gibson should copy the Chinese. The wood Epi looked nice as well. They should just brand their own guitars and be honest makers.

Plink plonk guitars.

But I think the way these copy brands work is that they try and trick people into buying what they think are the genuine article or they are selling to posers who want what looks like the genuine article but without the high cost. But when I spoke to the guys that make them and asked for details about spec they just asked me what I wanted and wouldnt anser directly. Also when I asked the person I was speaking to if they played a musical instrument they said "im a girl". WTF kind of reply is that. Then I said I knew loads of females that play and said are you unable to answer my questions because you dont play and because you dont know anything about guitars in which she answered yes. Then I asked if she was used only because she had the ability to write in english (badly) and she replied yes. WTF!!!!

I would buy a 'see through' LP from them, as it is origional, but they also make fake Gibbies, so, I won't............Damn then....................

I looked into the company that hosts their shop on the internet and bacause the host is essentially a site like e*ay or ama*on you're basically on your own if you get the wrong product. And apparantly they make you post it back before they refund and most people don't actually get their goods. PEOPLE OF THE GIBSON FORUM, STAY AWAY!!! :)

Archived